COATES HIRE TEMORA 1000

N1GTR

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forms have been delayed a couple of weeks. I am going to Temora for meetings with Council etc etc but CAMS have decided they want a track/venue inspection now, which will be in another 2 weeks. The Sup Regs and Entry forms are done, but we can not release them until the Track/venue inspection is done

Yep, and they took forever. Useless. Never had a good dealing with AASA

The only issue is that the Airport has never been raced on in any forme before. No rush. Might delay entries by 1 week

Thats just another hour and a bit for all the Sydney guys to go, each way. So on Friday its an extra hour, Saturday an extra 2 hours, Sunday another hour.

Over the weekend its at least 4 hours of driving extra just to go to a pub when there's pubs in Temora.

Once we are kicked out, we drink at the accomodation Deca style.

Thats dedicated, awesome to see.

If you get in, want to stay with the skyline guys? How many beds would you need?

thanks Steve-o

wouldn't want to stay anywhere else, only two seats in the malloo ( I reckon he'll want to put that the strip as well, VE series2 with a bit of work ) just me and my bro. cheers.gif

cheers Richard

Spent a few days in TEmora over the weekend smashing out all the usual finer details with the council and the aviation museum there. The whole town is behind the event and all talking about it.

Also found a few things out that have been asked here and on other forums :

1) There is no 98 Octane Fuel in Temora. The nearest is in Wagga. We will have an area set aside for fuel if you if you wish to bring your own and we are speaking with a local BP commercial distributor to see if we can get a mini tanker of Ultimate there for the day.

2) Surface on the runway is excellent. it is fine but coarse, so traction will be excellent. Run off is good as well.

3) Not Nitrous as per CAMS regs

4) You will need to check with where you are staying as to parking for trailers if you are towing your cars. If there is enough interest, we will look at hiring security for the aviation museum so cars/trailers can be parked there for the night.

5) Accomodation is filling VERY fast

thanks Steve-o

wouldn't want to stay anywhere else, only two seats in the malloo ( I reckon he'll want to put that the strip as well, VE series2 with a bit of work ) just me and my bro. cheers.gif

cheers Richard

No dramas!

5) Accomodation is filling VERY fast

That's all good and well - but considering there are no forms available - It's a bit of a gamble for people coming interstate to book accomm and so on now when we don't even know if we've gained entry to the event...

As stated previously, the delays are due to a CAMS track inspection being required. The entry forms and supregs will be available in about 2 weeks and the entries will be taken on the 14th of June instead of the 1st of June

That's all good and well - but considering there are no forms available - It's a bit of a gamble for people coming interstate to book accomm and so on now when we don't even know if we've gained entry to the event...

Not just you spastics from Victoria, we are all in the same boat :(

At least like every other event, the first one runs with hiccups then the rest after there are nice and easy and get better one after the other

2) Surface on the runway is excellent. it is fine but coarse, so traction will be excellent. Run off is good as well.

eh? fine but coarse? :blink:

sounds good though. I'm very tempted to go but have so much on these next 2 months. :(