SAU Community

Another Brake Question

4bidn1

i know i know search!! i did and still could not get a defined answer so i will ask 34gtst brakes and rotors onto the front of s1 1996 stagea who has done it and can confirm i know its easy on s2 but just want to check for s1

cheers jase

honestly i did search

series one c34 RS4 stagea - R32GTR/R33GTST(i assume R33GTR too) calipers and rotors will bolt up

series two c34 RS4 stagea - R34GTT/R34GTR calipers and rotors will bolt up

the things you need to look out for are - wheel to caliper clearance and possible modification rear rotor backing plate

Yes easy fit.

Will need to remove the olive out of the 34gtt calipers for the stock stagea banjos bolts to screw in far enough.

Hub studs should be the same thickness for the bolts if not just drill them out, but my S1 was the same.

Fronts are an easier change than the rears cos you will get away with out touching the dust covers.

@kidafa, you put R34GTT calipers on your series 1? dont the series 1 front hubs have a 12mm hole (aka r32/33) and series 2 have a 14mm hole(aka R34)?

did you modify the hub or am i completely wrong?

EDIT: just re-read your post. i would prefer to buy the right parts if they are available before drilling out my hubs

Edited by RS4-S

@kidafa, you put R34GTT calipers on your series 1? dont the series 1 front hubs have a 12mm hole (aka r32/33) and series 2 have a 14mm hole(aka R34)?

did you modify the hub or am i completely wrong?

The majority of members do believe that the S1 has 12mm hole and S2 have 14mm hole..... This is NOT the case, ive seen S1 with 12mm hole (stageaharts - I did his 33 conversion) and S1 with 14mm hole (my car - I did my conversion)

EDIT: just re-read your post. i would prefer to buy the right parts if they are available before drilling out my hubs

If your not comfortable drilling out 2mm of your hub studs, perhaps you shouldn't be stuffing around with the brakes on your car...

If your not comfortable drilling out 2mm of your hub studs, perhaps you shouldn't be stuffing around with the brakes on your car...

"i would prefer to buy the right parts if they are available before drilling out my hubs"

sorry pal but where in there did i say i wasnt comfortable drilling out my hubs? i said i would PREFER to BUY the RIGHT parts IF THEY ARE AVAILABLE before drilling out my hubs. i have had the wheels off and yes i have 14mm front caliper mount holes and yes i do have some newly purchased R34GTT front and rear calipers and DBA slotted rotors awaiting fitment

shouldnt be stuffing around with brakes on my cars? actually mate im a nissan training mechanic and if you go to my profile you will see a pic of me about 2 yrs ago craning an RB25DET and manual trans into my mates S13 convertible which required some DRILLING OUT HOLES on the R32 gearbox mount bracket so im all for modifing when needed.

maybe 4bidn1 doesnt what do drill this hubs? maybe you should read what was posted properly before stuffing around and putting your foot in your mouth