SAU Community

Question: What Diff To Get?

The KAAZ range are mostly clutch diffs...can't remember if they do a helical. It's widely accepted that clutch diffs offer better performance whilst helical are better for longevity and friendliness on the road. Really though, my 1.5 way KAAZ on Penrite 85w140 is pretty friendly for what it is. Grips up like nothing else in a straight line / wet. I think you'd be content with a 1.5 way mlr.

The KAAZ range are mostly clutch diffs...can't remember if they do a helical. It's widely accepted that clutch diffs offer better performance whilst helical are better for longevity and friendliness on the road. Really though, my 1.5 way KAAZ on Penrite 85w140 is pretty friendly for what it is. Grips up like nothing else in a straight line / wet. I think you'd be content with a 1.5 way mlr.

Where did you pick it up from birds?

Through my googling one site said that Kaaz were helical!

Thanks

Only r34 GTR Kaaz diffs are helical from my googling, no 1.5 way in stock in Australia for my GTR cradle/diff which is in a 33 GTST.

Part number san2611 I believe.

Price was $1,179 + $50 for a eBay seller, they had diffs to suit a lot of other models though.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=180387230261&cmd=VIDESC&index=11&nav=SEARCH&nid=78477299453

Bugger