SAU Community

3 Piece Wheels

My name is Craig and I am one of the directors of Whitehorse Industries.

We pride ourselves on providing a cheaper alternative to buying new three piece wheels.

I'm not on here to sell anything, I am just here to answer any questions any of you might have with regards to 3 piece wheels and the process with which they are made.

Three piece metal spun rim sections are available using the metal spinning process.

Many sizes can be manufactured - sizes include:

8", 9", 10”, 12”, 13”, 14”, 15”, 16”, 17”, 18” Diameter, and;

16.1” Tractor Pull Rims in 4.0mm 6061 Aluminium T6.

Material Specifications include:

1. Light Weight application 3.0mm 5005 Aluminium.

2. Medium low budget application 4.0mm 5005 Aluminium.

3. Top quality 4.0mm 6061 “T6” heat treated rim sections, and 5.0mm 6061 “T6” is available for larger diameter, deeper inner sections. All sizes include inner and outer profiles, to accommodate maximum brake clearance.

4. Cast Aluminium and Magnesium and billet centres are available from some of our below-mentioned race wheel suppliers.

We supply wheels from Formula SAE, to Porsche Cup, Sport Sedan Series, Sprint Car, Formula Holden, Midgets and Off Road Buggies, and any other wheel rim application.

All of our rims are of the Simmons style. Notice the edge detail near the tyre.

18bk1.jpg

Not like Rays Wheels. Notice edge detail near where the tyre would be.

119817d1272746433-volk-gt-c-box-20-dsc00063.jpg

Stepped and reverse mounts are available.

We would need a sample wheel or centre to work off to make sure the centre bore is accurate and will suit our wheel tooling. If the centre is bigger than our tooling then it obviously won't fit in the wheel.

Typical turn around times vary from 4-6 weeks due to workload and heat treatment processes.

Prices vary according to diameter and width.

Hope this provides some insight into how wheels are made.

Cheers

Craig

Hi my name is Mark, you are advertising your product thus attempting to sell your product, pay to be a trader or please do post things that insult our intelligence.

Also a very unimpressive "how 3 piece wheels are made" story, Next time at least put some effort into your cover story.

Mark (I'm not here to sell anything)

My name is Craig and I am one of the directors of Whitehorse Industries.

We pride ourselves on providing a cheaper alternative to buying new three piece wheels.

I'm not on here to sell anything, I am just here to answer any questions any of you might have with regards to 3 piece wheels and the process with which they are made.

Three piece metal spun rim sections are available using the metal spinning process.

Many sizes can be manufactured - sizes include:

8", 9", 10”, 12”, 13”, 14”, 15”, 16”, 17”, 18” Diameter, and;

16.1” Tractor Pull Rims in 4.0mm 6061 Aluminium T6.

Material Specifications include:

1. Light Weight application 3.0mm 5005 Aluminium.

2. Medium low budget application 4.0mm 5005 Aluminium.

3. Top quality 4.0mm 6061 “T6” heat treated rim sections, and 5.0mm 6061 “T6” is available for larger diameter, deeper inner sections. All sizes include inner and outer profiles, to accommodate maximum brake clearance.

4. Cast Aluminium and Magnesium and billet centres are available from some of our below-mentioned race wheel suppliers.

We supply wheels from Formula SAE, to Porsche Cup, Sport Sedan Series, Sprint Car, Formula Holden, Midgets and Off Road Buggies, and any other wheel rim application.

All of our rims are of the Simmons style. Notice the edge detail near the tyre.

18bk1.jpg

Not like Rays Wheels. Notice edge detail near where the tyre would be.

119817d1272746433-volk-gt-c-box-20-dsc00063.jpg

Stepped and reverse mounts are available.

We would need a sample wheel or centre to work off to make sure the centre bore is accurate and will suit our wheel tooling. If the centre is bigger than our tooling then it obviously won't fit in the wheel.

Typical turn around times vary from 4-6 weeks due to workload and heat treatment processes.

Prices vary according to diameter and width.

Hope this provides some insight into how wheels are made.

Cheers

Craig

Simmonds Style?

Yet you put a picture of an Actual Simmonds rim.

Why?

Ahh the good ol' volk gt-c...

i'd rather the volk gt-c.

I think you just promoted the volks.

I might go buy some volks.

Great pic.

need more motivation...

38581_136265859744527_109368819100898_152896_3642254_n.jpg

• 10 months later...