SAU Community

Does Anyone Know A Good Auto Electrician?

hrmm so I went to open it with the remote to get something out, and it wouldn't unlock. Bit of a tick like it was trying, but not enough power. If it was the starter motor that wouldn't be happening right?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like your battery shell.

I can bring a jump pack round today/tonight (but not with Matthew White) and see if it makes a difference

I won't be home till late cos of stupid buses :( but Pat just SMS'd to say he's left me a jumper pack anyway so I will attempt it.

If this whole saga's just a stupid dead battery I'm gonna be pissed!

Shell, come to think of it if you weren't so dead-set on it being the starter motor and not the battery, I'd have come round at some time to swap my battery into your car and see what happens. Might have saved some time :P

I won't be home till late cos of stupid buses :( but Pat just SMS'd to say he's left me a jumper pack anyway so I will attempt it.

If this whole saga's just a stupid dead battery I'm gonna be pissed!

Im dropping Prue off a dinner at around 730 I think....will confirm might be able to swing past fyshsticks if you want.

So wait out and I will let you know

Shell, come to think of it if you weren't so dead-set on it being the starter motor and not the battery, I'd have come round at some time to swap my battery into your car and see what happens. Might have saved some time :P

haha yeah that might have been good... I'm a tool :P But srsly, the first grindy noise really pointed towards the starter motor, and the battery's only a year and a bit old? It just didn't seem like that...

Maybe it's both lol

Im dropping Prue off a dinner at around 730 I think....will confirm might be able to swing past fyshsticks if you want.

So wait out and I will let you know

Oh awesomeness! :)

Prue starts dinner at 7 in Manuka, So by the time I fart ass around etc I'll be able to swing past :)

Gives me an excuse to look at the Cordial too lol

geez by the sounds of it there a million skyline owners in kambah and i never see any of them. damn monsterous suburb

let us know how you guys go tonight, otherwise let me know cos i got my jumperpack etc at home too.

I no has ghey skyline. How dare you accuse me of such atrocities lol

And you don't live in Kambah! lol

Soooooo anyway... car started tonight with teh jumper pack :blush: Doesn't explain the grindy noise but obviously the battery's farked so will replace that and see how we go.

And now I will lock this thread so no one can reply and call me a tool for having a 3 page thread about a stupid flat battery :rolleyes: