SAU Community

Does Anyone Know A Good Auto Electrician?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww go on you young strapping lads. Is chivalry dead.

Whats wrong with loosing a bit of bark and blood off the knuckles. you get to swear like a soldier!

Hey I did shells coil packs lol

where do u live as someone might be able to come take a look on the way home?

Kambah, unfortunately I finish at 8pm and won't be home till 10pm cos Canberra buses ARE FCKED!!! (from Fyshwick)

i live in kambah if you need a mechanic to look at it?

That would be awesome! Let me know when you have some free time?

I suppose I could have a look at it for you sometime.

Shouldn't be that bad, I have tiny hands like the Japanese intended and have owned a supercharged aw11 mr2 for about 3 years.

Lol

Thanks Jimmy :)

shell, when one of those strapping young lads go over to fix it make sure that you clean the face where the starter bolts to the gearbox.

Mir had an issue with the s14 starting and it just turned out to be a bad earth (through the body of the starter) Found this out after pulling the suspected alarm apart >_<

Oh, and make sure you makes em sammiches.

James I actually did think about the alarm too, as another possibility.. maybe the immobiliser not letting fuel through or something..

But I think the starter motor is more likely.

The alarm doesn't quite explain a grinding noise like you described earlier.

Is the battery good?

Is everything earthed sufficiently?

Is the starter getting enough power?

If so then the starter motor becomes a pretty decent suspect given what you've described so far

James I actually did think about the alarm too, as another possibility.. maybe the immobiliser not letting fuel through or something..

But I think the starter motor is more likely.

Does the motor crank over shell...I think i read somewhere that it sounds like it has no fuel.

But is the motor turning over?

The alarm doesn't quite explain a grinding noise like you described earlier.

Is the battery good?

Is everything earthed sufficiently?

Is the starter getting enough power?

If so then the starter motor becomes a pretty decent suspect given what you've described so far

Well the battery isn't *that* old and I've had batteries die before in my old R33 and this is different.

I really don't know with the earthing and stuff :(

Does the motor crank over shell...I think i read somewhere that it sounds like it has no fuel.

But is the motor turning over?

See my post on the previous page.... but yeah it was, but not anymore (stopped on the weekend)

RS4 can probably provide more clues when he has a look at it, and if it still isn't figured out then I'm in nearby Theodore and can see if I can figure it out.

Electrical issues suck!!

RS4 can probably provide more clues when he has a look at it, and if it still isn't figured out then I'm in nearby Theodore and can see if I can figure it out.

Electrical issues suck!!

Thanks heaps :)

yeh it's frustrating when you just want to get it fixed but you don't have the knowledge! It's my only mode of transport and it's killing me :(

Oh yeah, I know the feeling. I have an old MR2 as well.

That's the feeling Toyota talk about in their tv ads, the feeling of being stuck on the side of the road with no means of transport.

Lol