SAU Community

Does Anyone Know A Good Auto Electrician?

hahaha unlucky Shell.

nice work zebra, we'll make a horse of you yet

if your battery only lasted a year maybe check to see you got the right CCA rating on the battery for your car, unless you have a smaller battery fitted to clear FMIC piping.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have been a year and a half, counting back, and the NRMA fitted it.

Thanks so much for offering to come over too, looks like you can do more exciting things on your Friday arvo now :D

Nrma batteries - if it fits in the hole and the terminals are on the right side......its the right battery..........:glare:

yeh no problems at all. damn it now i HAVE to fix the carbies on my VW on friday arvo hahaha

And you don't live in Kambah! lol

Soooooo anyway... car started tonight with teh jumper pack :blush: Doesn't explain the grindy noise but obviously the battery's farked so will replace that and see how we go.

And now I will lock this thread so no one can reply and call me a tool for having a 3 page thread about a stupid flat battery :rolleyes:

Well weak battery maybe meant it didn't have enough power to act against the spring when pushing the gear out to meet the flywheel, yet DID have enough to spin the motor without any load on it.

Well weak battery maybe meant it didn't have enough power to act against the spring when pushing the gear out to meet the flywheel, yet DID have enough to spin the motor without any load on it.

Yeah could hear the pin engaging but not doing anything else.....then tried again and made the good old rattle gun sound of a flattery, then started on the 3rd go.

(this is all with my jump pack hooked up)

So once it got a bit of juice she fired up :)

Nrma batteries - if it fits in the hole and the terminals are on the right side......its the right battery..........:glare:

Where do you recommend, the Battery Factory or somewhere?

I have Pat's battery pack so I can actually drive it someone instead of having to call them again.

Hahaha all very embarrassing Shell.

Glad to hear it started and it's running now :D

hehe it's ok I'm used to it :D

I just spent 160 getting one in the stagea at the battery place in phillip. they will replace the battery and take the old one away!

as Verms said try Lee and Thomas auto electrics aka battery world in phillip. they are auto elecs so if you ask for a battery and mention you not sure the size of the old one is right they should be able to help you out :thumbsup:

im pretty sure they sell GS YUASA branded batteries that have a 3 yr warranty but cos abit more

Edited by RS4-S

im pretty sure they sell GS YUASA branded batteries that have a 3 yr warranty but cos abit more

Went there today... was going to get one of these but they had over-ordered stock of some Optimas that were $200 and so they gave it to me at the same price that the GS YUASA was ($165).

Sooo happy to have my car back working again!!!