SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

R32 Project Street/track

hey guys,

So begins my a long journey to be. I was looking around for a r32 for a while as i had had enough of my e30 bmw and it's never ending issues. Saw this come up on carsales one morning and jumped on it 155000 genuine kms, apexi catback with muffler removed, Tein Super Streets, Volk Gtp's, Greddy turbo timer, Gay raceboi momo steering wheel, Cooling pro front mount, hks pod filter, Super cold A/C, Nismo 550cc injectors, gfb valve which i believe is leaking, Picked it up for the handsome sum of $6000 with 6 months rwc and rego, I drove it up from Brisbane Easter sunday.

Man what a trip dropped into limp home mode twice and popped a front tyre. Got home and found 3 boost clamps loose. So fitted 3 new ones and bolted down the hard pipe. While i was looking around found the fuel pump regulator hose was off so there was another boost leak, the charcoal canister lines were also not bolted up. Previous owner was a pilot in training and had no mechanical idea!!!! Car was bogging down from time to time so i pulled the afm and cleaned it and no more limp home mode YAY!!! Car still bogs down from time to time when going from full throttle to part so i'm thinking bov is leaking. So far im loving it. Fitted 2 new 215/45/17 eagle f1's to the front since i had to replace the popped one with a 235 and it was rubbing. So anyway ON WITH THE PICS

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

Yeah mate enjoying it so far. Got a few mods planned, getting rid of the hks pod and gettng a apexi dual intake with a cai box. Full service, new pads, new rotors, stainless lines, new coil packs, ebc, new bov, new front pipe/high flow cat and wideband.

Edited by beemae30

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_0405.jpg

Resoldered the afm joints today.... Definetly reccomend it to everyone made a heap of difference. Also stripped the bov wet n dryed it and re lubed it. Helped with the fluttering. Gave it a service with some motul 8100 excess as the old oil was FILTH. New fuel filter and all new fuel hoses. Covered the cross pipe over the radiator with reflective heat tape from work. Don't notice a difference but cleans it up as the old one was tarnished.

Edited by beemae30

Found my cooler was rubbing on my front bar from the shit install job the P/O did. When i pulled it off and had a look i found a lovely suprise. Cooling Pro Coolers ARE SHIT.

IMG_0443.jpg Don't know how u dint an inner fin like that but they did it.

IMG_0442.jpg It leaks oh well solder it up.

IMG_0440.jpg Score 550 yen

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg This stuff is awesome

IMG_0435.jpg Awesome tyre fitters

• 3 weeks later...

hahah well their actually not to bad. The tyre fitters just used a short wheel socket instead of an alloy wheel nut socket which is much longer and grabs on the full length of the nut. And cheers

• 2 weeks later...