SAU Community

Queensland Stagea Crusie And Dyno Day - July 2011

darrinspencer

Guy's and gals it is time Queensland had another get togather.

I am thinking this time we have a mini meet, cruise and finish off with a few dyno runs and bbq and a few light beers.

I am working on a date in July to give people time to plan ahead (plus I am too busy in May/June) TBA

I have spoken with a tuning shop, re the dyno, just need to work out the final date, time etc.

Note is is only a 2wd dyno, so awd stagea will need to drop front shafts etc.

At this stage, tring to keep it only stagea's but will need to have 15 cars on the dyno to cover costs

The dyno will cost $40 per car for 3 runs with print out. So that is a minimum of $600 needed

If we only get 10 cars on the dyno, we will need to share the costs, $60 per car.

If we are really short on numbers, I may have to open this upto a few skylines to make up the 15 cars min.

Stock cars are as interesting as modified ones. So if you are concerned your car is upto it, think again.

Prizes.....did someone says prizes?

To encourage people to attend and have a go I will be personally donating a brand new FMIC kit to suit C34's, R33 and R34. Value $300!!

The winner will be decided by myself and the workshop. The workshop does not know yet, but I might hit them up to see if they can contribute to the fitting costs for the winner

So all you stock cars out, HAVE A GO!!!!!!!

Workshop name and venue will be advised once the dteails are sorted

Edited by darrinspencer

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great. I hope it's not too far north... Was a decent drive last time. barring anything unforseen I'll be there.

Cheers, Leon.

Sounds good guys, if it's later in July I should be sweet... if you have it early in July chances are I'll still have a run in tune going so won't be able to attend. (max 80kms / under 4K revs - getting forged motor built with new nismo gt pro diffs, I've been warned you need to go easy on these for a while otherwise you end up with noisy diffs.)

NOOO!! my new stag wont be ready in time! and i could really use that front mount too. :( Now urgently needed, a pair of complete ser1 headlights and a mint set of wheels!

I have not booked the dyno yet. Only Saturday arvo available is early July

Will sort a date next week, couls move it to maybe August??????

When is Jambo this year. Would to race there this year?

My clutch started to slip today in 4th gear coming on boost :(

Might need another new very soon

The date is locked in Eddie.

Thanks.

Come on everyone, we need people to be there or else Darrin promised the fmic was going to me! :laugh:

Edited by Commsman

The date is locked in Eddie.

Thanks.

Come on everyone, we need people to be there or else Darrin promised the fmic was going to me! :laugh:

No, No, No, No, No. I need the FMIC for when i convert the 25G into an RS25GT.

17yo and I will be there to claim our just rewards.:no::no::no::no::no::no::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

I will need to sort the issue of dropping the front drive shaft as the dyno is only 2wd

I might check with the shop if it can be done on the day on the hoist, but it will take up their time and ours even if the owner helps? Maybe extra costs

I might take mine out the day before......might be good to run rwd for the cruise and learn how to drive again.....tail happy :P

Need new clutch and tune before then thuo.

I will probably drop the shaft some time before (never done it before but can't be hard) but this raises a question. I'm no dyno queen, but how does running in 2WD change results on the dyno (if at all)?

If my attessa sees rear wheels turning but the fronts are stationary (thinks it's wheelspin) and sends more torque to the front wheels (not connected anyway), won't that reduce the torque seen by the dyno?

I've got idea on this one. Maybe it's a question for a different thread....

I will probably drop the shaft some time before (never done it before but can't be hard) but this raises a question. I'm no dyno queen, but how does running in 2WD change results on the dyno (if at all)?

If my attessa sees rear wheels turning but the fronts are stationary (thinks it's wheelspin) and sends more torque to the front wheels (not connected anyway), won't that reduce the torque seen by the dyno?

I've got idea on this one. Maybe it's a question for a different thread....

Should be slitly higher numbers as you are not loosing power running the front dif