SAU Community

Queensland Stagea Crusie And Dyno Day - July 2011

darrinspencer

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this stage it's a yes from me.

But if anything changes i will let you know.

I have had my car dynoed in two wheel drive before and i was told that a coke bottle

(600ml i think) will fit in the front of the transfer case if i wanted to run it any distance with the front shaft off this would prevent any dirt and rubbish getting in.

I havent as yet checked this out though.

Does it have to be Nissan, can I bring my wifes beetle in that case?

You serious dude?

Looks like interest in this meet is slow, not sure if people are not interested in the dyno or the meet?

If the dyno goes ahead looks like we will have to open it up to other model cars if not enough stagea's :down:

I'll try and be there Darin. Not sure if I'll be dynoing though.

What garage are you organising for the dyno run?

If u open it up to other cars my mate will probs bring his VL. Will put us all to shame. Lol

I think having to remove the front drive shaft might be putting some people off Darrin.

True. I might end up canning the dyno I think.

I have texted Micah and Myles they are keen

The shop is EFI. Good guys. That is where mine got tuned.

About to go back in for another new clutch, slipping bad when comes on boost, gearbox overhaul and new tune (more boost) :whistling:

The EFI guys like VL's. Rick's is pretty serious and Shuan's (tuner) R32 GTR is as well.

Darrin is your car one of the 150 doing the piston vs rotary challenge? A guy At work with an rx7 is in it and I want some one to make him cry, he used to sit beside me in races then because he had an extend port with a t04 and couldnt beat me so he went and got a bigger port job and turbo. He keeps bragging and its giving me the shits cause I can't find a cheap neo turbo to get highflowed so I can just do a one day swap then get nistuned. Then flog him. sorry for the off topic

You serious dude?

Looks like interest in this meet is slow, not sure if people are not interested in the dyno or the meet?

If the dyno goes ahead looks like we will have to open it up to other model cars if not enough stagea's :down:

I'll be there if i get my new stag running.

True. I might end up canning the dyno I think.

I have texted Micah and Myles they are keen

The shop is EFI. Good guys. That is where mine got tuned.

About to go back in for another new clutch, slipping bad when comes on boost, gearbox overhaul and new tune (more boost) :whistling:

The EFI guys like VL's. Rick's is pretty serious and Shuan's (tuner) R32 GTR is as well.

Hi Darren,

I'm pretty sure I'll be coming to this. How much power are you making?

My car is in the shop now, getting a forged motor built and a new 1000HP rated clutch fitted. The clutch I have is under 5000km old, is a custom single plate rated to 450HP. Feels like OEM, just not strong enough for the mods I'm getting. Will have the clutch out next week if you're interested. I think it cost me $1400. I would take $900 if you're interested pm me and I'll give you my number. Clutch is in Brisbane and would be available for pickup at Mercury Motorsport early next week.

Ahhh well if its the EFI ill be more than happy to dyno :)

Know Whitey n Sean pretty well. Great upfront guys. See how it pans out.

Ps. Whiteys VL is a FN weapon. Those who don't know. LS1 with a GT4202r = over 600hp. Its also for sale for those who r interested

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I am about to cancel the DYNO part of the this meet (and free FMIC offer) if we do not get some solid numbers on the dyno to make it worth everyones time.

Edited by darrinspencer

Guessing by qld u guys mean Brisbane area, im in qld but way up north so would have 2 do some serious saving to make it to this meet haha so i doubt thats gonna happen, especially since the gf has started hinting that she doesn't have a ring to fit this finger (pretty sure u can all figure out which one she's pointing to lol) and need a new clutch as mine is slipping really bad. off topic whats a good one to get and how much am i looking at?? reputable workshop up here in townsville has said NPC?? anybody got anything to say bout these?? good or bad?? mayb lots of notice for next qld cruise so us not in SE corner can organise a weekend away.

Guys I am about to cancel the DYNO part of the this meet (and free FMIC offer) if we do not get some solid numbers on the dyno to make it worth everyones time.

Darrin, how many people do you have confirmed as of now? (Counting me as being IN of course :happy: )

Guessing by qld u guys mean Brisbane area, im in qld but way up north so would have 2 do some serious saving to make it to this meet haha so i doubt thats gonna happen, especially since the gf has started hinting that she doesn't have a ring to fit this finger (pretty sure u can all figure out which one she's pointing to lol) and need a new clutch as mine is slipping really bad. off topic whats a good one to get and how much am i looking at?? reputable workshop up here in townsville has said NPC?? anybody got anything to say bout these?? good or bad?? mayb lots of notice for next qld cruise so us not in SE corner can organise a weekend away.

My clutch is stuffed as well. No boost in 4th or 5th otherwise it slips

NPC do a good job, have used them before

I currently have a 300rwkw rated 3000lb isngle in there now which I had built by Race clutch - Jim Berry

If you have a look in the trnsmission section there is a sticky on Jim's clutches plenty feedback

In saying that, mine has died (due to miss use) It will be coming out soon and being rebuilt to approx 4200lb and good for 400awkw with a sprung carbonic clutch plate. Plenty GTR guys running them with 400awkw and totally street drivable

Stagea are heavy and hard to launch without frying the clutch, so pick something on the higher side.

If keeping your car stock and driven normally, a off the shelf exceedy will do.

Note stagea's use a pull type same as R33 gtr and R34 GTT

My clutch is stuffed as well. No boost in 4th or 5th otherwise it slips

NPC do a good job, have used them before

I currently have a 300rwkw rated 3000lb isngle in there now which I had built by Race clutch - Jim Berry

If you have a look in the trnsmission section there is a sticky on Jim's clutches plenty feedback

In saying that, mine has died (due to miss use) It will be coming out soon and being rebuilt to approx 4200lb and good for 400awkw with a sprung carbonic clutch plate. Plenty GTR guys running them with 400awkw and totally street drivable

Stagea are heavy and hard to launch without frying the clutch, so pick something on the higher side.

If keeping your car stock and driven normally, a off the shelf exceedy will do.

Note stagea's use a pull type same as R33 gtr and R34 GTT

yeah as i said mine is really bad basically no boost any gear otherwise it slips :( i believe the one the guy here recommended was the NPC heavy duty organic, not sure on exact specs but this is from the NPC website about it 'NPC starts off with a standard premium quality clutch plate and pressure plate and increases the clamp pressure between 20 to 45% above standard specifications. Combine this increase in clamp pressure with a full faced premium quality disc and smooth engagement is achieved and in most cases without extra pedal effort. This style of clutch is ideal for 4 x 4 enthusiasts, tow vehicles, commercial vehicles and modified road cars used everyday with occasional strip use'

ATM i have FMIC, exhaust (looks to be cat and back) and obviously manual (but it's conversion done by someone else), and a pod filter of some dome shape that I've never seen before. Will that clutch be ok? or do i need heavier? id like to do more to it but as i said funds for upgrading the stag will be limited for quite a while

That sucks. I was looking forward to seeing my stagea on the rollers as well as everyone else's. We've got a good range of modded stageas in qld now, would have been interesting to see all the results.

For anyone sitting on the fence, post up some feed back as to why your not that interested eg, have to remove front driveshaft, can't afford it, my stagea is stock so why dyno it....etc I would have thought there would of been more interest than 6-8 people.