SAU Community

Upgraded Injectors, Running Like Pus!

Just upgraded my injectors from standards to hi flow standards, they were cleaned and flow tested october last year by sabbadin, he put them in a bag with lube on them which wasnt opened till yesterday when i put them in.

Question is how rough should it be running , there about 530cc and going by the equation in the power fc FAQ i needed to drop the fuel map to 70% on each cylinder which i did, on start up the knock went to 2 and after a couple of revs went to 7, took it for a drive and it didnt move untill i changed to 5th at 80k's and then it went to 17 and didnt move again, the temp in that weather normally sits at around 75 or just under, the temp didnt go above 62 last night so from those figures all seems to be good, how ever the 2 things im worried about is if the high flowing of the injectors will change the latency, since there factory injectors and all the internal workings would be the same im assuming not so i didnt change that, also we lost 3 of the plastic fuel rail spacers, all we had to replace it was some old hard rubber hose that we cut to size, would this make much of a difference?

There is also an intermittent vac leak that we cant find, double checked every hose that we touched but cannot find anything, any ideas on what to look for?

you almost always need to re-tune after changing injectors.

I know it seems simple to just "correct" the injectors, but in my 8 years of tuning, it doesn't work like that.

Get a re-tune. I bet the car is running rich or lean as f**k

you almost always need to re-tune after changing injectors.

I know it seems simple to just "correct" the injectors, but in my 8 years of tuning, it doesn't work like that.

Get a re-tune. I bet the car is running rich or lean as f**k

I didnt expect it to be perfect but i was hoping for a decent idle, just wanted enough to get it to the tuners, all fixed now, f**ktard me forgot that i had 1.5 rb25's sitting in the shed, one of which had the fuel rail still in the plenum, it also had a good tb gasket, put factory spacers back in and the good tb gasket, also put some sealant on the tb gasket (didnt block the vacum paths with it) assumed it wasnt needed but it also wouldnt hurt and at that stage i needed to rule out all the possibilities 100%, also put some sealant on the line from the cam cover and the plenum to make sure there was no leaks there and the vac line from the fpr to the plenum slipped on to the nipple far to easy for my liking and had a T piece in the middle feeding the boost gauge so i replaced the hose with a new smaller one that fits very tight and now run the boost gauge from the bov vac point as i have removed the bov and i put new plugs in it (2nd set in a week) started first go and idled nicely, on idle there is no black smoke once you rev it to about 3000rpm it starts putting out black smoke, i believe this is the way it should be, shows its running fat which is all i need to get it to the tuner and have the job done properly.

There is also an intermittent vac leak that we cant find, double checked every hose that we touched but cannot find anything, any ideas on what to look for?

O-rings? IM manifold gasket?

try spraying some aerostart around the intake and see if/where it changes the idle...

stupid little black spacers.., I seriously dont understand their purpose..

I think its ok as long as you have the bottom 3, cause if you put a greddy plenum you dont need the top 2 anyway..

i lost one both times i took injecors out and replace with with hose pieces too :laugh:

O-rings? IM manifold gasket?

try spraying some aerostart around the intake and see if/where it changes the idle...

Bought some today to use if all other fix's i was going to try didnt work, wouldnt start this morning so i couldnt do it before hand.

stupid little black spacers.., I seriously dont understand their purpose..

I think its ok as long as you have the bottom 3, cause if you put a greddy plenum you dont need the top 2 anyway..

i lost one both times i took injecors out and replace with with hose pieces too :laugh:

I cant gaurentee that they were part of the problem but since we lost another one today if i every have to do injectors again i am taking thw 1 that i have left over and buying another 6 before i start just to be sure!

Think he fixed it already

Thank you, yes i did, all is good now, i also tried using one of the pair of z32's that i had (they were cheap so i bought both and was going to sell one) yesterday and it was dead so i didnt want to try the other one just yet and find out that i have 2 dead ones, i will savour the success for one day and then put it in tomorrow!

I didnt expect it to be perfect but i was hoping for a decent idle, just wanted enough to get it to the tuners, all fixed now, f**ktard me forgot that i had 1.5 rb25's sitting in the shed, one of which had the fuel rail still in the plenum, it also had a good tb gasket, put factory spacers back in and the good tb gasket, also put some sealant on the tb gasket (didnt block the vacum paths with it) assumed it wasnt needed but it also wouldnt hurt and at that stage i needed to rule out all the possibilities 100%, also put some sealant on the line from the cam cover and the plenum to make sure there was no leaks there and the vac line from the fpr to the plenum slipped on to the nipple far to easy for my liking and had a T piece in the middle feeding the boost gauge so i replaced the hose with a new smaller one that fits very tight and now run the boost gauge from the bov vac point as i have removed the bov and i put new plugs in it (2nd set in a week) started first go and idled nicely, on idle there is no black smoke once you rev it to about 3000rpm it starts putting out black smoke, i believe this is the way it should be, shows its running fat which is all i need to get it to the tuner and have the job done properly.

The longest sentence I have ever seen...

The longest sentence I have ever seen...

I can understand that, theres not much to see in the country town that is perth :D

• 2 weeks later...

let me know how your hiflow injectors go im looking into getting some eventually

seem to be fine, have had it tuned for a week now and whilst the fuel comsumption is not all that good i think that has more to do with me "enjoying" driving it!