SAU Community

V36 Gps - Quote

Hey guys,

I have been looking for someone to do my GPS conversion from Jap to English for my 370GT.

I got a quote from Michael at Revolution Electronic Services for $1500. He is at Haberfield, btw

Anyone else gotten any better quotes?

You could look at doing a double din conversion and getting a GPS head unit, im getting mine installed on the 28th xtrons headunit with full GPS, english conversion done on my stock gear the head unit will play dvd on the stock screen and GPS on the head unit at the same time.

Hey guys,

I have been looking for someone to do my GPS conversion from Jap to English for my 370GT.

I got a quote from Michael at Revolution Electronic Services for $1500. He is at Haberfield, btw

Anyone else gotten any better quotes?

so thats just for the gps? all the other stuff regarding music, phone, etc still stays jap?

so thats just for the gps? all the other stuff regarding music, phone, etc still stays jap?

Bloody good question. I didn't have a long chat with the guy.

I highly doubt that the FULL conversion will be for $1500

You could look at doing a double din conversion and getting a GPS head unit, im getting mine installed on the 28th xtrons headunit with full GPS, english conversion done on my stock gear the head unit will play dvd on the stock screen and GPS on the head unit at the same time.

How much we talking if you dont mind. So does that mean they are going to have to buy a new console to fit the Double Din unit in or are they going to cut out the plastic and install the unit?. Also did they say how long it would take to do?

EDIT: Sorry i was thinking of the v35 not the v36 console..

Edited by jawrgy

I would LOVE to see how he pulls that off for $1500.. the intefaces are $600 on their own. let alone a decent GPS. and the system is still in japanese.

I have seen a few DVD conversions in V35s and to be honest if its the same guy (and I believe it is) personally I would steer clear. speak to turbosuk about his car.

over the space of 6-8 months I have had conversations with people that want to crack this thing but none are in a position to do so and a lot seem to point the question at me. balls in your court - someone rip the HDD out of it . unlock it and post the 30gb of contents up so we can get cracking on it.

if you want to buy one of these cars buy one WITHOUT navi and add it. that is FAR easier to do that trying to reverse engineer the top end unit believe me. (it shares the same platform as the JDM GTR with a different boot loader.)

Well i have had the conversion done, so all the menus are in english it works 100% no issues so far and its been 3 months, im totaly happy with it. was an xvani conversion or w/e its called

Guys, i will go any meet this dude sometime during the week or w/e and see what he has to offer.

I just don't trust ppl around my car

most of you would feel the same :whistling:

***UPDATE***

Guys, i went and met with the guy at Revolution Services.

1. The japanese GPS will be converted to Aussie roads.

2. He will install a ipod cable into my glove box so that i can play my MP3s from it. I am currently playing music via Blutooth.

Nothing else changes

This all for $1500. is it worth it?

***UPDATE***

Guys, i went and met with the guy at Revolution Services.

1. The japanese GPS will be converted to Aussie roads.

2. He will install a ipod cable into my glove box so that i can play my MP3s from it. I am currently playing music via Blutooth.

Nothing else changes

This all for $1500. is it worth it?

why dont you just use an ipod cable in the central arm compartment. I bought the cable from an apple store.

yeah from what he showed me.

everything stays the same except now the GPS is australian

and did he give you the ability to use the touch screen?? that's a mod that I CAN do. I'm in the midst of doing a US car at the moment like that. no buttons to work with so it has to be touch only.

and did he give you the ability to use the touch screen?? that's a mod that I CAN do. I'm in the midst of doing a US car at the moment like that. no buttons to work with so it has to be touch only.

hey guys,

im over in Perth and awaiting a 2008 370GT SP. I have been trying to find out what the go is with GPS/entertainment console. For a full conversion is it an absorbant amount of money? or just not possible? To guys here who have been through this already, what option did you go with? did u have a different system installed? Is the japenese system easy to use for playing mp3s from the onboard HD or CDs? What i want to know is..... If not having GPS doesnt really matter is there an option on there to just change from japanese to english for standard music options etc...............

As far as we know, nobody has been able to do a full conversion.

You can rip and replace stuff if you have the time and money, but converting from Japanese to English has NOT been done.

I've had my v36 a year and to be honest my dash mounted GPS has done ok. There is a nice translation on how to use the Japanese features stuck at the top of this forum. Bluetooth phone pairing, Ripping CDs to the Hard Drive, etc.

As far as we know, nobody has been able to do a full conversion.

You can rip and replace stuff if you have the time and money, but converting from Japanese to English has NOT been done.

I've had my v36 a year and to be honest my dash mounted GPS has done ok. There is a nice translation on how to use the Japanese features stuck at the top of this forum. Bluetooth phone pairing, Ripping CDs to the Hard Drive, etc.

yeah i actually googled this and it came up with this thread. I didnt see the sticky FAQ at the top of the forum which pretty much makes me look like an idiot for asking the previous questions haha

Yeah i saw that translation. Its great and looked as though unless you want GPS you can get away with just the japanese music box and stuff no worries. Have you changed your console buttons or anything or do they still read japanese?

Hey Chris, is this using the TX wires on the Garmin unit? I looked at this but it said for experienced technicians, so I left it :blush: