SAU Community

Adding Cruise Control To 370Gt Sp

I mistakingly thought that all 370gt SP models came with Cruise Control as standard...(should have looked closer).....Does anyone know if their is a kit that can add Cruise or if it is possible to buy the original Cruise and have it fitted to the steering wheel??? If so, what does the kit cost and approximate installation costs, or I can DIY if its not rediculously complicated.

Cheers

Al

I mistakingly thought that all 370gt SP models came with Cruise Control as standard...(should have looked closer).....Does anyone know if their is a kit that can add Cruise or if it is possible to buy the original Cruise and have it fitted to the steering wheel??? If so, what does the kit cost and approximate installation costs, or I can DIY if its not rediculously complicated.

Cheers

Al

Get in touch with Chris Rogers on the forum; he's your man.:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

done a couple of them now. its not DIY . I do one for it that involves a fair bit of work but it behaves and looks OEM.

http://www.facebook....xpress.brisbane

and scroll down to the red V36.

actually:

http://www.facebook....69.187393709941

Chris,

Thats some nice work on that V36, good stuff.

Quick question, do you have details on how to DIY the video bypass for a reverse camera. While I would gladly love for you to do some similar work on my car it would be a long way for me to drive from Singapore..:)

Thanks

Rick

Edited by ranlod

clarify :) that car is a custom job.

Hi Chris,

Being based in Singapore and with only 5 V36's on the road here iam always on the bad end of getting any custom work done as few here have experience with the car. Getting my car to brisbane is obviously out of the question.

Any suggestions on the video bypass hack?

Thanks

Rick

• 2 years later...

done a couple of them now. its not DIY . I do one for it that involves a fair bit of work but it behaves and looks OEM.

Hi Chris - is the problem with adding something like the rostra unit (which I put on my r34 without much trouble) the throttle contols on a 370? I seem to rember a picture of the engine pay and a throttle cable going to both sides...

If that is the case, what does it cost for you to do one (I'm looking at getting a 370 to replace my aging r34 GTT..) and could bring it to brisbane... (pm if you like).

rostra is cable driven. these are electric. wont really work.

Thanks, thought there would be an obvious reason... Mind you, I wouldn't enjoy the drive from melb to brisbane without one (I'm driving up in a few months anyway..).

it's a shame they just didn't put it on every car - I'd never buy a car without it - as it would only add a dollar or so to the car cost as the ECU knows the speed and the ECU is doing the throttle electronically, so all it need was a small program and some buttons to press to set/reset the speed...

Are all the V35 and V35 cars (ie 250gt, 350gt and 370GT) done electrically ie not by cable?

it's a shame they just didn't put it on every car - I'd never buy a car without it - as it would only add a dollar or so to the car cost as the ECU knows the speed and the ECU is doing the throttle electronically, so all it need was a small program and some buttons to press to set/reset the speed...

I agree, the G35, has cruise, but the V35 doesn't, the ECU is different and cruse requires aftermarket kits. Why they didn't use the same ECU and just omit the steering wheel buttons for the V35,is beyond me..

Must be a Japan thing, just about every car over the last 10 years sold here has cruise as standard, unless you buy a 'cheap' car. In Japan cruise seems to be the exception to the norm.

I bought the drive-by-wire kit and factory V35 steeering wheel switches quite a few years ago from Chris - they work flawlessly. Highly recommended.

ranlod - you have the option of paying for a flight to get Chris to singapore to work on your car - I know of a guy here in Adelaide who flew Chris down to mod his V35 sedan.

• 4 years later...

I'm in the same boat. In Sydney. Any help or contacts are much appreciated. Also the wheel is a little worn, is it easier to just get a whole new wheel with the controls already there or just get the Synergy kit and install?

• 1 year later...
On 21/05/2011 at 10:11 PM, Chris Rogers said:

http://www.facebook....xpress.brisbane

and scroll down to the red V36.

actually:

Hi Chris,

I’ve been going through the threads looking at posts regarding cruise control. Looking to install  the oem style control in my recently purchased 2007 manual 370gt 

im in Coffs Harbour, wondering who could do an install? Or would I need to take a trip to Brisbane?  if the border is ever opened that is. 
what country are you living in now? 
thanks in advance.

JD

call autostrada. 0738526886 . they were who I used orignally to manufacture the unit I sold for years. I live in the USA now and out of the import game.  work in the telematics industry.