The Wasteland 2011 Edition

Nightcrawler

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

got a Garrett 2876r .64 offered to me for cheap as chips....

anyone know what it would be like on a 20? had a quick search, confusing results lol

I've heard they are no good on 20's. 2871 is the one you want. I think it's the 2876 that's a weird turbo, like the inlet and exhaust turbines are out of proportion, as a result it either has tonnes of lag, or no top end, can't remember.

yea, but then the occasional person reccomends as a good turbo for a 20....

im taking it to mtq tomorrow see what they say?

They are a bit of a dogs bollocks of a turbo. As others have said they are a mismatch. The 53.8mm turbine is even a bit to small for the 71mm compressor with a 2871 so with a 2876 you have the extra lag of the 76mm compressor but with no extra power to be made because the 53.8mm turbine is that limiting factor.

There are a few uses for this turbo but they are not conventional setups; like they are good in motor sport classes where you have a restrictor plate that limits the amount of air flow available to the compressor.

Garrett even give you a heads up on their info page for the 2876 where they say;

* Best suited for unique applications such as asymmetric turbo installations

* Not recommended for general performance applications

Edited by D_Stirls

got a Garrett 2876r .64 offered to me for cheap as chips....

anyone know what it would be like on a 20? had a quick search, confusing results lol

coulda sworn the txt u sent me said 2871r....

if its a 2876 then walk away

sup fellas nm nm, just been promoted the mayor of struggletown how are you?

I Own struggletown.

Hows family paul (& mel if I recall correctly?) kids ok?

Funniest thing happened the other day.

I was coming home from TTP back to Lobethal and I was going past Inglewood towards Chain of Ponds.

I was stuck behind this RED Commodore with; Chev badges, aftermarket HSV kit, racing stripes over the body, and 20 inch rims.

He was going very slow and once given the opportunity, I ,quite quickly may i add, overtook the commodore and continued on my way.

I then got to the intersection of cuddlee creek rd and tippett rd (behind the dam) and low and behold there comes the commodore screaming up behind me with what appeared to be red LED's on the front of the lights like some sort of angry demon.

I then turned off at the cafe at Cuddlee Creek when the bloke slowed down and i then copped an ear bashing about driving "jap crap" and the extent of his intelligence then came out with "skylines are for poofs, get a commodore!!"

He then screamed away with his V6 with some sort of exhaust changing gears manually in his auto car.

EPIC :stupid:

Yeah i had some guy on my ass yesterday in a VT/X with a VY bodykit, some shitty rims, the guy had on white frame oakleys at 5:00pm in winter with a singlet. Speaks volumes really.

just received a phone call from my local member of parliment - amanda rishworth - asking for my thoughts.

quite simply had 2 comments to make, first of all Adelaide NEEDS a motorsport complex, and secondly the rate of the pension (barely) covering costs of living.

She said she would be writing to the Govt. to push for the motorsport complex and would follow it up & eventually get back to me.