SAU Community

Cruise For Kids 2011

MattyFlynn

Hey people, I know alot of you would know that the cruise for kids event is this Sunday! It will be a big turnout and a great day.. If it's anything like the one in 2008 there should be over 2500 cars.

I'm just wondering if anyone is planing on going? And if u r I'll be pre-meeting 10 or so cars down in kings park so if u wanna join in give me a call or txt msg :)

Hey people, I know alot of you would know that the cruise for kids event is this Sunday! It will be a big turnout and a great day.. If it's anything like the one in 2008 there should be over 2500 cars.

I'm just wondering if anyone is planing on going? And if u r I'll be pre-meeting 10 or so cars down in kings park so if u wanna join in give me a call or txt msg :)

I can't make the cruise but weather permitting I'm keen to go to the meeting point to say hello.............. What time are you guys planning on being there?

Bob.

post-78207-0-92722400-1306355363_thumb.jpg

I have pinched this off various websites to make things a bit easier....................

MEETING POINT: 8AM: SYDNEY OLYMPIC PARK, NSW - HOMEBUSH BAY P5 CAR PARK POD B + C

DESTINATION POINT : CAMDEN'S BICENTENNIAL EQUESTRIAN PARK, CAMDEN NSW

DEPARTURE: 11.30AM

EXTRA INFO: THIS IS A FAMILY ORIENTATED EVENT WITH BBQ AND DRINKS, RAFFLES WITH AMAZING PRIZES AS WELL AS JUMPING CASTLES AND LOTS MORE FOR THE KIDS!

UPON ENTRY TO THE CAR PARK ON THE DAY A DONATION OF $10 PER HEAD PER CAR WILL BE COLLECTED FROM YOU,THEN YOU WILL BE GIVEN A STICKER FOR YOUR CAR SO THE POLICE WILL KNOW THAT YOU ARE PART OF THE EVENT. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT.

ALL MONEY RAISED IS FOR WESTMEAD CHILDRENS HOSPITAL.

P5 Car Park

Spaces - 2,515

Type - Uncovered

Venues - Sydney Showground and Monster Mountain X.

Situated at the intersection of Hill Road and Holker Street, near the northern corner of the Sydney Showground, the P5 Carpark, is divided into 3 pods, (A, B and C) and is primarily used as overflow parking for major events. Access to P5 Car park is only via Hill Road or Holker St.

North - via Victoria Road, Silverwater Road, Holker Street and Hill Road.

South - via Centenary Drive, Parramatta Road and Hill Road.

City/East - via Parramatta Road and Hill Road.

West - via M4 Motorway or Parramatta Road and Hill Road.

Regards,

Bob.

post-78207-0-50205000-1306358548_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pics Bob.

However, I believe that...

1) the Organisers didn't submit a Schedule 1 form to the Police which irked them and the locals a bit and...

2) there was an accident along the way

???

Thanks for the pics Bob.

However, I believe that...

1) the Organisers didn't submit a Schedule 1 form to the Police which irked them and the locals a bit and...

2) there was an accident along the way

???

1. yeh there apparentl were over 2000 people who were unable to gain acces into the park at camden

2. ther was actually around 4-5 accidents unfortunatley

1. yeh there apparentl were over 2000 people who were unable to gain acces into the park at camden

2. ther was actually around 4-5 accidents unfortunatley

In relation to #2, was there not an emphatic briefing to drivers at the start?

And were all drivers at the briefing? > Paying attention - or ADD?

In relation to #2, was there not an emphatic briefing to drivers at the start?

And were all drivers at the briefing? > Paying attention - or ADD?

sorry wasnt there, was planning to go but didnt, just saying what i heard from friends,

But yeh they were breifed and there was plenty of police presence, just the usual idiots that wreck cruises similar to this.

Massive turnout. Saw one small prang on the way down, well maybe not to small, the front end of a Silvia was gone..

I thought the organisation wasnt very good. Too many cars, so police ended up closing off the entrance in to the park. Then ended up closing the road further up 'cos of the traffic pile up. We parked further up the street and walked down to the area, made our donation and got our sticker.

Nothing special at the EQUESTRIAN PARK. I thought they could have had more entertainment and events occurring at the grounds.

Still a nice day to enjoy a drive in a beautiful Skyline!!:yes: