SAU Community

Exhaust And Bov Choices

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin's car is in fact, QUITE LOUD!!!

I heard him a while away when playing football lol.

This is Rohan's stagea with a pod, blitz nur spec with decat pipe. Listen to the induction noise ;)

No need for a bov. Martin absolutely LOVES HKS SSQVs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMKlE_9bvhQ

I was being quiet then, you should have heard me in the tunnel :P Lol.

Rohan's car sounds good, especially because it doesn't have that god damn HKS ANNOYINGPIECEOFCRAPBOV that you love so much :glare:

Alot of negativity going into this post and I'm really not interested in it. I don't know who you think I am but my opinions are my own so drop the tough guy acts in my post please

And I won't be whinging if I do eventually go down that path because I will have chosen to drive with that defect full knowing the consequences.

Now.

That sounds awesome James and Martin. I think I'll definitely be headingdown that path now!.

What's a decat pipe??

Thanks for the effort of uploading videos too :))

Oh FFS. It's a pipe that has had the cat converter punched out if it. Google.com and try to help yourself!

This thread sucks. Can I be closed now?

Oh FFS. It's a pipe that has had the cat converter punched out if it. Google.com and try to help yourself!

I'm new to skylines and this forum.

I see helpful and nice people so I'd rather talk to them.

A google search would help but I'd much prefer to meet new people and maybe build some friendships

It doesn't suck to me so if you have a problem maybe just stay out??

I'm an electrician currently doing my diploma I'm sure I could teach you a few things if you had questions. Although I wouldn't treat you like shit

Bang for buck is getting a second hand system from the FS section.

But if you want new.

http://www.justjap.com/store/product.php?productid=16318&cat=448&page=1

Then get your local exhaust joint to weld in a large body centre muffler and take the hot dog (the lump in the section at the top of the pic) out. The alternate is to attract lots of police attention, as it will drone hard.

Ditch the stocker cat (keep it though, just in-case) http://www.justjap.com/store/product.php?productid=18070&cat=275&page=1

That will leave you enough coin for a pod filter and box.

cheers Ruxis, glad to hear someone agrees with me, the skyline is the king, and the ford and holdens should be hosed off and put in there place :domokun: lol, not promoting illegal street racing here, :down: so dont get wrong idea, but the skyline is the best car on the street, so everyone should respect the rb!!:worship: maybe a bov is needed to compete with that v8 noise, so be it.. :cheers:

Best car on the street? I'm sorry but that's just not true.

I love skylines as much as anyone else on here but that statement is a bit much.

Bang for buck is getting a second hand system from the FS section.

But if you want new.

http://www.justjap.com/store/product.php?productid=16318&cat=448&page=1

Then get your local exhaust joint to weld in a large body centre muffler and take the hot dog (the lump in the section at the top of the pic) out. The alternate is to attract lots of police attention, as it will drone hard.

Ditch the stocker cat (keep it though, just in-case) http://www.justjap.com/store/product.php?productid=18070&cat=275&page=1

That will leave you enough coin for a pod filter and box.

Ok I'll look into that too.

Id Probly prefer to buy something already done, less mucking around.

Well ACTUALLY, if we are getting technical and telling people to google here... A decat pipe is a straight piece of pipe with flanges on it that replaces the cat. Like this:

Evo4-6-decat-small.jpg

Bit different to a gutted cat which is what you were referring to ;) Picture for comparative purposes:

p10cat001.jpg

*EDIT* I would advise you use caution when googling the term "gutted cat". Sweet jesus, use caution :blink:

Best car on the street? I'm sorry but that's just not true.

I love skylines as much as anyone else on here but that statement is a bit much.

Lol yeh, I saw that and thought it best to stay out of it... But seeing as you called him on it; it's probably a bit much to say the sound of a bov competes with the sound of a V8 lol.

Edited by Hanaldo

Well ACTUALLY, if we are getting technical and telling people to google here... A decat pipe is a straight piece of pipe with flanges on it that replaces the cat. Like this:

Evo4-6-decat-small.jpg

Bit different to a gutted cat which is what you were referring to ;) Picture for comparative purposes:

p10cat001.jpg

*EDIT* I would advise you use caution when googling the term "gutted cat". Sweet jesus, use caution :blink:

Lol yeh, I saw that and thought it best to stay out of it... But seeing as you called him on it; it's probably a bit much to say the sound of a bov competes with the sound of a V8 lol.

ok well one of the best for the price range, bang for dollar is what i meant,

So while were talking bout cats, is the "gutted cat" a bad thing performance wise, ive been in a skyline with the cat gutted and it was very noisey thru mid range as in very loud droning sound, is that droning the sound of back pressure, cause ive heard that it creates back pressure and to just use a high flow cat???

They aren't a bad thing performance wise, they certainly don't cause back pressure. If you weld a straight pipe through the middle then they work just like a decat pipe, but look like a cat from the outside. Otherwise I have noticed they drone because the sound resonates inside the chamber.

And you will look in your rear mirror and see people spearing off the road, as they have been knocked out because of the fumes coming from your car.

thumbsup.gif

My car shoots flames... That makes me cool.pirate.gif

With the gutted cat do u get the popping and farting when you are backing off- I had one on a commodore years ago and it sounded Terrible!

Yeah you do get some popping occasionally and some flames too, dont think its sounds bad though. The droning sounds a bit crap if you throttle it on low revs, its like a labouring sound till it hits some higher revs.

Yeah you do get some popping occasionally and some flames too, dont think its sounds bad though. The droning sounds a bit crap if you throttle it on low revs, its like a labouring sound till it hits some higher revs.

Thats sounds cool haha- figured it probably wouldnt be the same as my shitty 3.8 commodore lol

Decat pipe with the stock heat shield put on it is the way to go thumbsup.gif

I've not got a BOV at all on mine, doesn't flutter that much which is cool, just a little bit. Love the induction noise from the 3" metal front pipe though.

Exhaust I've got a 3" custom dump with 2" screamer and trust power extreme 2 cat back exhaust

Doesn't drone on the highway at all and is quite pleasant at idle and low rpm.

here is a video, first half driving with pants on fire, 2nd half, taking it easy.

Edited by zoidbergmerc

Sounds like X-Speed tuned it well ;)

Jokes! :nyaanyaa:

I can control when it shoots flames ;)

And re cats: Mine's a custom one piece exhaust... So it stands out like dogs balls but sounds great...