SAU Community

Track-Worthy Car Checklist

ODYSSEYGTR

im about to buy my first skyline and its going to be solely a track car

never raced track before and all that so im not sure on the requirements for cars to be allowed on the track

trying to make it to EC on the 13th of august but would be shattered if something didnt comply and i couldnt get out there

so yeah basically what does a car need to have in order to be track-worthy?

cheers

Anthony

Well...if you aren't familiar with what to look for, it is best to get someone else to check it out. If you don't have a trusted import workshop, I'd recommend taking it to Brad from Pro-fabrication for a once over - he builds a lot of race cars and knows what to look for

Sadly track cars are not often in the best condition when they are sold because the maintenance stops long before the sale happens :(

Well...if you aren't familiar with what to look for, it is best to get someone else to check it out. If you don't have a trusted import workshop, I'd recommend taking it to Brad from Pro-fabrication for a once over - he builds a lot of race cars and knows what to look for

Sadly track cars are not often in the best condition when they are sold because the maintenance stops long before the sale happens :(

ahh sorry i meant like the fiddly stuff like tow stickers and fire extinguishers?

just those kinda things

sprint = supersprint/lap dhas = against the clock

door to door = against other cars for position

thanks

yeah will be sprint, just club days...for now

for a club day you wont need too much, just more safety stuff.

sprints - blue triangle for battery and numbers.

extinguisher - mounted in cabin within reach from driver

13th of August is a private practice day not a sprint.

Linky http://www.eastern-c...nts.htm#Private Practice Calendar

No timing involved, unless youve got your own gear, but cheap and fun, just keep away from people going fast and always look in your rear mirror.

Join SAU NSW and come to the sprint/trackday/driver training/passenger rides in Dec.

Have fun with it, and remember that everyone was a noob at one stage.

Watch your oil pressure, LOL..........

13th of August is a private practice day not a sprint.

Linky http://www.eastern-c...nts.htm#Private Practice Calendar

No timing involved, unless youve got your own gear, but cheap and fun, just keep away from people going fast and always look in your rear mirror.

Join SAU NSW and come to the sprint/trackday/driver training/passenger rides in Dec.

Have fun with it, and remember that everyone was a noob at one stage.

Watch your oil pressure, LOL..........

oh not overly keen on timing anyway, not even sure what im going on about anymore haha

just wanting to drive around track fast and have fun and all that rubbish

will definitely join and attend the dec event

not at all bothered about being a noob, will understand it all eventually just trying to make sure my first time is smooth

private day like really private or can i still attend? or is that like club?

cheers mate

The EC private practice days can be overcrowded, maybe not the best way to do your first track day.

Since SAU doesn't have a beginner's day again until December, I'd suggest contacting John Boston and going along to one of his professional days. You will get taken through the basics with some more structure and will learn heaps.