SAU Community

Our New 2005 Stagea 350Rx

3PointJ

Well, we ended up getting our Stagea...In fact our second M35, after buying and selling one last year...

Purchased from Northshore Prestige, and dealt with the Director Ben. Ben was nothing but helpful, and was a pleasure to deal with. I instantly recommend if you are after a Stagea, see them...No one else!

All I'm going to say to start is, it's a f**king amazing car. I absolutely love it, and my wife (it's her car) is pretty much in love with the car more than me... lol

Car has pretty much the standard stuff (I presume)

Leather Interior, The SatNav, Dual Sunroofs, and some nice Work rims. Unfortunately it has no cruise control :( ... It also has a different steering wheel than most I've seen, not that "T" shaped wheel that most Stageas have. This has a woodgrain and leather one. I actually saw a newer El Grand with this wheel....I like it.

Here are some photos I've just taken. I shall take some more, as the weather is woeful here atm...

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

Ok some Questions I have about this car...

• Anyone know roughly what the buttons in Japanese do? I mean I can read TV and Carwings, but the others I have no damn clue.

• Whats the button underneath RPT Do?

IMG_2086.jpg

• I saw a button on the right of the steering wheel kinda near the bonnet release, it says Clean and ION on it. Has a little blue LED. Whats this do/mean... (I will post photo later)

• We have an aftermarket Stacker in the back. It has no cartridge, but it is connected to something via RCA (Red, White, Yellow) plugs, and the standard headphone (3.5mm?) audio jack. I'm assuming it goes to the Headunit, or Tuner or something. I was wondering, assuming it is connected properly, could I connected something to the RCA Plugs and get it to work? Say iPod or something? I have the appropriate cables, just lack the knowledge of the Stereo/Headunit to see if it would work. I had a little play, but don't know anything. I managed to get it to AUX, but nothing seemed to work, but I dunno.

• Does anyone know if the rubber boot mat/protector things are a common thing seen on eBay or Yahoo Auctions? I'd be pretty keen on getting one as we have two Golden Retrivers who like to roll with us, and they are hairy, messy, on crack dogs, so a bit of protection in there from them would be nice. Worst case I can go to a Rubber joint and get one made.

• On the way home from Sydney, about halfway an airbag light started flashing. I spoke to Ben, he seemed to think a low voltage, or something may have caused this. He said to go to an Auto-Elec and they should be able to hook up to it with a diagnostic tool to clear it. Anyone know much on this? (He said to send him the bill, as I have to go there to get another thing looked at)

• What is the best way to get Australian TV working in this beast? I read something about Tuners, but not sure which is which, and if things apply different to Series II (Can you get tuners that have AUX inputs and such)

At this point that is all...

Except I love this car.

Edited by 3PointJ

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the button underneath RPT Do?

Looks like Bluetooth for mobile phone.

I saw a button on the right of the steering wheel kinda near the bonnet release, it says Clean and ION on it. Has a little blue LED. Whats this do/mean... (I will post photo later)

Ioniser. It releases negative Ions into the cabin (a good thing)

Does anyone know if the rubber boot mat/protector things are a common thing seen on eBay or Yahoo Auctions? I'd be pretty keen on getting one as we have two Golden Retrivers who like to roll with us, and they are hairy, messy, on crack dogs, so a bit of protection in there from them would be nice. Worst case I can go to a Rubber joint and get one made.

Is the same item as on the series 1 models.

See them on Yahoo from time to time, but would probably be easier/cheaper to get one made up.

Nice car man :)

Looks like Bluetooth for mobile phone.

I saw a button on the right of the steering wheel kinda near the bonnet release, it says Clean and ION on it. Has a little blue LED. Whats this do/mean... (I will post photo later)

Ioniser. It releases negative Ions into the cabin (a good thing)

Does anyone know if the rubber boot mat/protector things are a common thing seen on eBay or Yahoo Auctions? I'd be pretty keen on getting one as we have two Golden Retrivers who like to roll with us, and they are hairy, messy, on crack dogs, so a bit of protection in there from them would be nice. Worst case I can go to a Rubber joint and get one made.

Is the same item as on the series 1 models.

See them on Yahoo from time to time, but would probably be easier/cheaper to get one made up.

Nice car man :)

Thanks for the help. Yeah, I'm assuming it'd be easier to get one made.

Looks lowered already? Nice stagea!

Yeah it has been lowered also :) Looks a bit better lower haha...Everything looks better lower

Very nice :thumbsup: .

Another air bag light eh? I hope that gets reset easily.

Oh gawd, that sounds promising...not.

Rpt doesnt that mean repeat

Underneath the RPT button :)

Looks great, congrats!

Have a lash at the airbag reset, only takes a couple of minutes, might be easier than an auto elec visit if there's nothing really wrong.

Mine faulted a month ago on a trip when my missus & I were moving seats all the time 'cos we were sharing the driving. Reset, and hasn't come back a month down the track.

Congrats on the car. Very nice!!

Agree cars, especially Stageas, look better lowered. :3some:

My missus loves mine as the seats are more comfortable than my old TJ Magna and she doesn't get car sick.

I calling into Japlink, where I bought mine, on Tuesday so will have a yarn to them about the cover mat. I think they have one laying around.

Yeah I'd be interested...

Did u ever get yours fixed?

I don't want to hijack this thread, but "not yet" is the short answer. i have a spare SRS module to try out one day, so fingers crossed & all that.

As best I can work out it is preset to a station in Japan... I think it may be a traffic or emergency channel.

thats exactly what it is. local traffic report i believe.

cam, for someone that knows so much about stageas, how did you get that wrong?? lol

congrats on the purchase!!! looks fantastic

Thanks for the kind words folks. We are loving it, especially my wife haha...

GOAT CAR (for us) haha

Ah, shall be awesome when this language translation is ready for release.

Does anyone know what the buttons do in the Series II under the screen?

Also where are the AUX inputs in the headunit? or is there one?

ok the navigation buttons i dont know to be honest. someone on here has posted a translation i think!

there is an AUX input to the head unit that the TV uses. it automatically selects this input when you hit the TV button.

there is also a stacker unput that can probably be used for an aux input, but i think you mentioned you had a stacker already........

and finally there is an AUX/VTR input to the tv tuner (assuming its the same as the series 1 M35s) that can be used for music and video. its what the digital aussie tuner is plugged into.

ok the navigation buttons i dont know to be honest. someone on here has posted a translation i think!

Are they the same as the G35 buttons?

Yeah, I saw some Enlish buttons, but they look more like the Series 1 ones, no one the buttons lineup or anything so I was a bit confused.

I sent a screenshot to a mate who moved to Japan last year, he may be able to translate for me at least.

Imma have a look round and try and familiarise myself with some of the stuff. Tuners, AUX etc. I really only want to get my iPod working mainly.

cam, for someone that knows so much about stageas, how did you get that wrong?? lol

I didn't know they had that lol

btw, how the hell does a button that has a "speaker" symbol logically denote a local traffic report?

Oh well, learned something :)