SAU Community

Bespoke Car

Very cool indeed Nick. Looks very Lotus 2-Eleven-ish to me which is no bad thing.

Looks as though it would be a hoot to drive :thumbsup:

You have a Radical? What's your view on who might buy V2?

Prefer your missiles with some sort of control do you Terry ? Lol

To be honest that's exactly what I thought when I read it.

Car looks awesome mate, thumbs up to the builder.

Yeah, my mistake with the V2 thing. Just a name that came off the top of my head and not what it will be called. With bespoke and V2 I've not done that well on the naming front.......

Yeah, my mistake with the V2 thing. Just a name that came off the top of my head and not what it will be called. With bespoke and V2 I've not done that well on the naming front.......

Nah man, it's cool and it does evoke emotion.

the V2 rocket was the pinnacle of shit in it's day and they developer (Von Braun) was a genius, an amazing engineer, so much so that the yanks took him and his team to the states postwar when they were trying to steal all germany's technological advancements before the ruskies could.

Anyway, this is OT now Lol.

Ah gotcha - aside from switching the 13B for a 20B, I would keep it the same too :thumbsup:

If that's his plan for the car then the LS1/2/3 would be a safe bet. Are any of the new V8s from Ford all-alloy?

pretty sure the new coyote 5.0L supercharged v8 is all alloy.

how fast is it on the track?

Pretty fast mate. Don't wear your toupe when you're in it! I'm not sure it's done much track time as it's only done 5k klms most of which has been development work. I do know that with road tires and a passenger it did about 1.15 around Sandown on a sighting lap, so it's quick enough. Ultimately how quick I'm not sure.

It's an F3000 suspension set up with a 600-700hp/ton power to weight with a dog box so it's likely to be quick. I'd guess most hack drivers wouldn't get near its potential and let's face it that's what most of us are.

Pretty fast mate. Don't wear your toupe when you're in it! I'm not sure it's done much track time as it's only done 5k klms most of which has been development work. I do know that with road tires and a passenger it did about 1.15 around Sandown on a sighting lap, so it's quick enough. Ultimately how quick I'm not sure.

It's an F3000 suspension set up with a 600-700hp/ton power to weight with a dog box so it's likely to be quick. I'd guess most hack drivers wouldn't get near its potential and let's face it that's what most of us are.

1.15 wow. i wonder what it could do with some decent slicks.

well, yeh, at those times a racing driver would make a difference however that's not to say you guys cant improve.

as they say, practice makes perfect.

I do indeed mate.

I think this sort of car would appeal to the same sort of customer base as an Ultima. I'd be looking at their sales rates and trying to go from there. Has your friend put it on display anywhere as yet? Something like the Top Gear Live show or similar could garner a good response. Radical did that at the last one, and we had a test day out at Winton a few months back with potential customers able to go out as passenegers in the car.

http://dbsmotorsport.wordpress.com/2011/06/24/winton-test-31062011/