SAU Community

R34 GT-T owners, insurance quote...

Ive had a number of problems insuring JDM Charades with Just Cars, I ALWAYS have to wait ages on the phone, they wanted written confirmation of my insurance history (never had a claim, had 5+ years insurance on many different cars), they wouldnt insure the car until they had seen it in the metal (both the DR30 and my G201 Detomaso), they wouldnt quote on the DR30 until they had the engine and chassis numbers, and even then they put the wrong model down on the quote.

The Just Cars quote I got was on a Rating One and was a couple of hundred more expensive for the premium, aswell as lower agreed value, higher excess than the Rating TWO Shannons quote (they have slightly different systems for working out the rating)... and my Shannons cover will be cheaper from next month... because I pay quarterly they change the price to the lower Rating One price 3 months in to the insurance contract.

Whats dodgy or silly about owning a nice car aswell thats much nicer to drive than the Skyline? The $90 classic rego is on that, not the Skyline... You couldnt put the Skyline on that scheme anyway.

I'd trust the paint and panel shops that Shannons use far in preference to what Just Cars/AAMI use. AAMI are known for delaying paying out aswell...

Anyway, who cares, I got a much better deal with Shannons than Just cars would give me, and I'm saving money while giving business to a company that has given me much better customer service

Sounds like a good price to me, but hey, just about everything does with the quotes I get :-(

I got a $2700 quote from Just Cars for a 2000 GTT, stock and I'm 25. The difference is of course I'm moving over from bikes, of which 3 have been stolen in just over 3 years (RGV, R6, R1). Everyone else I have called has pretty much laughed in my face. Personally I think it sucks that my insurance rating suffers from something that is not my fault, but hey what can I do?

Anyway, thought I'd add my quote to the list...

I'm 25, Rating 2 drive a lightly modified (Suspension, Full Exhaust, Wheels, Stereo) R34GTT and I'm insured with Just Cars.

$1580 fully comp, including the mods.

BASS OUT

EH? damn.. now I can't wait till I turn 25.. Coz you have more work done on your car than mine, surely my premium will go lower soon. :P

I am 24 this year in rating 2, just got my R33 GTR

shannon> where do you park your car when u are at Uni.... Uni car park...sorry we dont accept you.... WTF

Unique> $3400...they ask me the same question where do u park your car? Uni car park

Just car> $2333.... that it i am up for it..:D

• 2 weeks later...
I’m 24, rating 1, except my one is a turboed 25GT ….I’m paying $1460 including rating 1 protection. That's with Just Car

I called Just Cars for a quote on an R33 GT-R.

For full comprehensive, rating one 21 yo driver she told me $2200.

Interesting....

• 2 weeks later...

For future reference:

I was 28 when I bought my R34 GTT [18 months ago]. Insured with Shannons, Full Comp, Rating One protection, agreed value of $35K, Free Windscreen replacement yearly [comes in handy :cheers:]. No problems with them at all, most people on their phones are car enthusiasts like us. One guy was telling me about a Mazda MX-6 he modified etc. Better than talking to brick walls imo.

Hm what else, Mods covered, Pod, Exhaust Stereo gear to value of $3000 without premium increase, wheels, etc.

Didnt need to have Quick Trak or any other satellite tracking fitted, Excess is $500 regardless whether Accident or Stolen [they used to have theft excess, not any more]. I did have to have an Aust. Standard Alarm fitted on mine - most on the market comply with this, mine cost me about $400 fitted.

Premium: $1200 - Paying by the month :) [also get a joint policy discount and house insurance discount etc].

Yeah I've just been quoted $1745 through just cars myself which I nearly fell over at, I payed more under my dads name with my R33. I told them about loss of licence, mags, exhaust and stereo etc and was all fine. I'm 23 and managed to get a note from work saying i've been putting round in my work car for the last 5 years without a claim. :)

my 2 cents... with Suncorp-Metway, 29, rating 2, R33 GTS25t, wheels, stereo, zorst, suspension, no more mods allowed after that, lost my licence once for 6 months, $770, plus $1600 excess.

Think I'll contact Just Cars though and see what they say. At least they let you have unlimited mods. :D