SAU Community

R34 GT-T owners, insurance quote...

howdy peeps!

just doing the old run around for insurance, and the never ending "we don't do imports". well friggen BMW's are imported!! Anyways, i'm 20, 2 yrs hist, no accidents, claims, fines, etc. nothing. touch wood. I got a quote from a company for $2473. For the R34 GT-T owners, especially the youngin's, is this reasonable? I tried Famous but no can do until i'm 21.

Downside is that they dont' do montly payments so i have to fork it out all at once, but i just want to know is this a reasonable amount compared to other GT-T owners, or 20 yrs olds. Insurance is pretty much the last hurdle.

cheers ppls!

Just so you can compare...

Just Car Insurance wanted $4000 to comprehensively insure my R32 GTS-4!

Understandably, I chose to 3rd party with fire and theft, but if I were to comprehensively insure in the future, I will/would of gotten the recognition had I been comprehensively insured the whole time! (If that makes sense?)

Oh, and I am 20 at the moment, was 19 when I was quoted this price, and had just purchased the car too.

Hope this helps even though it's no R34! :-)

im young, 27, thats young :P :P :)

im insured with the NRMA for the sum of $35k. premium is $2.5k with a $300 excess.

this is under my work company's fleet policy and Quicktrak was compulsary.

so you're on a good deal.....

howdy peeps!

just doing the old run around for insurance, and the never ending "we don't do imports". well friggen BMW's are imported!! Anyways, i'm 20, 2 yrs hist, no accidents, claims, fines, etc. nothing. touch wood. I got a quote from a company for $2473. For the R34 GT-T owners, especially the youngin's, is this reasonable? I tried Famous but no can do until i'm 21.  

Downside is that they dont' do montly payments so i have to fork it out all at once, but i just want to know is this a reasonable amount compared to other GT-T owners, or 20 yrs olds. Insurance is pretty much the last hurdle.

cheers ppls!

Assuming this is from Just Cars? Well.. I'm 24 and like you have ~5yrs hist (?), no accidents, claims, fines, etc. Well.. cept a ticket for parkin at a loading zone for 5 min. :(

Anyhow, I have a slightly modified R34 GTT and my full comp. premium is just over 1500 so yer looks like your premium is pretty reasonable. People would tell you to just get 3rd party fire and theft, but the question comes down to can you afford to have an accident or someone to taking out your car (assuming the worse case scenario)?

If you cant afford insurance then you might want to look at a car that is reasonable in power output yet still cheaper to insure? :D

Bare in mind that R34 is still not very common yet like R32s or R33s, so there is

a big difference in premium.

Yep Just Cars, i just wish they had monthly payments.

cobo: yep makes sense dude. Your insurance history is still counted when you move to full comp, if you've been on 3rd party. Which is good, but for a R34 i don't want to go 3rd party. Maybe if i wasn't spend as much.

Yotis, that's a nice premium you've got there. Looks like those who have a good driving history are looked after :( It's annoying tho when my dad is paying like $800 for a $100k car! hehe, oh well.

It's not that fact that i can't afford the insurance, that isn't the problem. I just wanted to know if i was getting a reasonable quote compared to other young/R34 owners. And it seems i am, so i'm going to go with it.

Blizt1911: I know the problem dude. I was ringin around when i was 18, checking out insurance for a R33. $5K was a pretty popular price. I think i managed to get a $3.5K somewhere, might have been Just Cars. It seems there is a massive price diff between 18 and 20. It's pretty much halved, or drop $1k. That's about the only plus side, like redline was saying, the premium does seem to go down quite quickly year to year, if you don't drive like an idiot. I think it's a bit of guilty until proven innocent.

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.

just wondering where you might of got this quote from?

im 18 and trying to get insurance for a r33 gtst(i earnt the money mysefl!)

i got a quote from just cars for $5000 and well i can afford that at all

your not going to get cheaper than $4100, i was quote $4100 for my GTS-T r33 and i am 17; with 500 sound system, 1.5k Rims, Bodykit, Exhuast.

Just Cars (car value was 19k)

Hey SS8_Gohan

yeah i reakon that the quote is reasonbly good, my insurance is around that figure and im 22 at the moment. I also wanted the option of the monthly payments with just cars but they dont do it, if money is not an issue for you then imo go for comprehensive instead of third-party my friend had third-party and he regrets not getting comprehensive coz now he dont have the money to fix up his car.

So when are you getting your R34 :) ?

goodluck with the insurance!

I tried Famous but no can do until i'm 21.

unless they have changed this in the last 6 months (or if its for cars over a certain value) then that info is wrong

i was insured with famous when i was 18, my own policy

Hey d00d

your insurance quote is good.. i pay $3000 and im 23.. though ive only got 30% no claim bonus...

I dont think ull find cheaper than $2473 at your age.

Goodluck.

-----------

Adam_rsx how much cheaper does rt turn out to insure your skyline like that?

howdy peeps!

cheers ppls!

Buy a cheap Mini or Triumph or something, insure it with Shannons.

Then get a quote on combining your classic insurance with your Skyline.  It was heaps cheaper for me to insure my car with Shannons this way than to go with Just C***s

A while back I was looking at a S15 and I asked for an insurance quote from Shannon and the dude was pretty rude on the phone and was wasting my time.. Mayb its just me, but Just Cars and Famous has offered northing but good phone service to me so far., even tho Famous was going to slam me with close to 5k for insurance.. Weird.. ah well.. I'm happy with Just Cars atm :)

Shannons are always great to deal with I've found, Just Cars have always been absolute tools though

I already had the car, so that didnt cost me anything, classic rego is $90 a year and comprehensive on the $4000 Triumph is $200 and something.

DR30 is $760 comprehensive on Rating 2 (few hundred cheaper than JC), agreed value is a couple of grand more, dont HAVE to have an alarm, excess is a few hundred less, wheels, exhaust, suspension are declared.

And the Just Cars quote was on a Rating One... and my Shannons rating goes to One in a month, so will become cheaper again. Plus I pay quarterly, AND you can actually get through on the phone without waiting 20 minutes

And they don't make you drive it uninsured to an inspection office on THE busiest road in the city before they will agree to insure it. Plus you dont need to get written confirmation of previous insurance history, and dont need to leave the office to get engine or chassis numbers when u ring for a quote. And they're not completely clueless either.

Plus I'd trust them with their recomended paint shops since they've been insuring classics for years

Shannons are always great to deal with I've found, Just Cars have always been absolute tools though

I already had the car, so that didnt cost me anything, classic rego is $90 a year and comprehensive on the $4000 Triumph is $200 and something.

DR30 is $760 comprehensive on Rating 2 (few hundred cheaper than JC), agreed value is a couple of grand more, dont HAVE to have an alarm, excess is a few hundred less, wheels, exhaust, suspension are declared.

And the Just Cars quote was on a Rating One... and my Shannons rating goes to One in a month, so will become cheaper again.  Plus I pay quarterly, AND you can actually get through on the phone without waiting 20 minutes

And they don't make you drive it uninsured to an inspection office on THE busiest road in the city before they will agree to insure it.  Plus you dont need to get written confirmation of previous insurance history, and dont need to leave the office to get engine or chassis numbers when u ring for a quote.  And they're not completely clueless either.

Plus I'd trust them with their recomended paint shops since they've been insuring classics for years

Hrmm not tryin to start something here..

* Just Cars have always been absolute tools though, may I ask what you base this on?

* classic rego.. dude.. this is a high performance car not a classic car. :)

* no offence to your classic car.. but. if I bought a 4 grand car. there is no way I am paying full comp for it, third party definitely

* Just Cars quote was on a Rating One... hrmm the main dude did say he is on rating one already. :)

* I dont believe I have ever waited for more than 20 minutes on the phone, tho 20 minutes or even longer wait do happen sometime with any phone services.. :)

* Agreed Just Cars is let down by no monthly payment.. *sighs*

* Dont know what the inspection office thing is but I didnt have to do that

* Dont need to get written confirmation insurance history :O That is a good thing?

* Dont need to get engine or chasis numbers when u ring for a quote. I didnt need/have it either.. when I got a quote.. I only have to provide it on the day that I was pickin up the car and having it insured. Which might I add you should know anyway when you purchase the car and had the REVS checked. :D

* You trust an insurance company? no offence but I dont trust any insurance company. Insurance company is like any business they are there to make money off you. What they do offer you is the service when someone makes a huge claim against you, you are covered in some way.. otherwise I wouldnt even have full comp on me car.

Dunno about you but having an extra classic car just to insure a high performance car sounds a lil bit silly and dodgy to me. I aint pushing for any insurance company here, bottom line is the SS8_Gohanis gettin a high performance car, he has a rating one and would like to insure it the proper way. Guess its up to his perception on the quality of service he receives from the insurance company and which one he decides to go with. :)

PS. I'll shuddarp now hhehe :D Sorry to take over your threat a lil SS8_Gohan. :)

No wuckez Yotis. I must admit haven't tried Shannons but have heard that not that best if >25. But i'll give them a call.

I'm not rating one yet. (20yr old, 2 yrs hist) will be Rating 3 with AAMI in bout a month, but Just Cars would just go Rating 4.

Jade: Yeah, it seems to be a pretty good quote in comparison. When am i getting it? Good question, hopefully i'll be giving J-Spec a call this week to get everything rolling. So from there, who knows... 6 weeks? Could get lengthy with SEVS...

KamikazeR33: Yeah, VERY VERY recent change. Apparently in the last few weeks FAMOUS DON'T INSURE UNDER 21'S - there reason was too many claims from this age bracket. I'm 21 Nov 28th, but it was a little too long for them to insure me under 21. They were friendly, and tried to see if they could, but couldn't in the end.

cheers for the help gals and guys! :)