SAU Community

Power Fc Died - R33 Rb25Det

Coming home from work this arvo, cruising on highway and car stalls, WTF

Tried restart, got dash lights, cranks, no PFC handset display, no fuel pump, checked all fuses - nothing

Checked PFC in another R33 - nothing, tried std ecu in mine and all ok except I got 750cc, gt3076r, z32 afm.

So does anyone repair or test power fc?

Can I check with nissan consult?

p.s. Anyone got std R33gtst injectors I can borrow?

there are places that repair them

you can also get apexi to repair it via nengun.com for official repair

you cant check it with consult so dont bother trying

open the powerfc up and look for any burnt tracks or damage, also smell for any burns

Bit off topic but I was just wondering, if I gave my tune from my PFC to someone that remaps stock ecus could they put my PFC tune onto a stock ecu??

It can be done but you need a nistune in your 33. That will cost about 700. Get your pfc quoted for repairs and go from there. your tuner should have your tune file.

^^ no each ecu code is unique therefore incompatible.

To OP the pfc seems to have lost the input resistor, i can do it for $80, but im sure you could get it done for far less locally.

Automotive service solutions in Brisbane will be able to test and repair it

Thanks to All and will call monday.

Anyone with std injectors laying around on gold coast?

provided they dont replace the main memory chip you shouldnt loose the tune.

i think thats the only thing no longer available... got two perfect pfc's... but the main "chips" are no good :(

seriously its a easy job to fix. far easier than replacing your injectors.

^^ no each ecu code is unique therefore incompatible.

To OP the pfc seems to have lost the input resistor, i can do it for $80, but im sure you could get it done for far less locally.

I don't think I filled my post enough but what I meant was the tuner can load up the Power FC tune, and mimic the data across to the Nistune ECU. You tuned tao's car I believe, he has given me screen dumps of his timing and ignition maps to provide my tuner. Even though tao runs a Nistune, the tuner was still able to get an idea of how things were running and how to setup the tune.

I don't think I filled my post enough but what I meant was the tuner can load up the Power FC tune, and mimic the data across to the Nistune ECU. You tuned tao's car I believe, he has given me screen dumps of his timing and ignition maps to provide my tuner. Even though tao runs a Nistune, the tuner was still able to get an idea of how things were running and how to setup the tune.

that was sort of what I was thinking, I believe Toshi does remaps to order, as in send him your specs and ecu and he sends it back tuned..

Which I would think is a less than perfect way to tune a car but..Surely if you gave him your previous tune data he could read it and mimic it so the tune should be close to spot on..

yeah as I said it would be a less than ideal way to do it..but say for instance you had a blown PFC and couldnt afford a new one..but you have your tune on file an old ecu laying around and remaps are only a few hundred bucks, it could just be enough to get you going again..

Thanks to All and will call monday.

Anyone with std injectors laying around on gold coast?

All fixed by Automotive service solutions.

i think thats the only thing no longer available... got two perfect pfc's... but the main "chips" are no good :(

seriously its a easy job to fix. far easier than replacing your injectors.

What is the chip? I work in micro processor development and might be able to find an alternative that uses the same protocol and mapping for the memory.

edit: Or are you talking about the micro itself? not the memory?

Edited by Rolls