SAU Community

Top Feed Fuel Rails

seeing tho top feed injectors are easier to get hold of and tend to be a tad cheaper is it worth going one of these top feed conversion rails for r33 or should i just stick to the side feeds

seeing tho top feed injectors are easier to get hold of and tend to be a tad cheaper is it worth going one of these top feed conversion rails for r33 or should i just stick to the side feeds

Its not cheaper if you take into consideration that you need a forward facing plenum, I found out the hard way that a top feed rail simply does not fit on the standard plenum :rolleyes: lol

I went side feeds, cause its easy. Just pull the old ones out put the new ones in.

Only problem is not having any aftermarket side feed fuel rails to pretty things up

Hello!

I have recently bought (via EBAY) such a kit .. (so top feed conversion)

It came with the fuel rail, spacers, nice Bosch injectors, and connector pigtails.

The whole kit was about GBP 330 and came from the USA!

The fuel rail looks alright too, but I suspect made in China. (?)

I have not fitted it yet so I can not tell if it works.

You also will need a fuel pressure regulator since the OEM one is attached to the OEM fuel rail.

In addition you need to think about a set of fuel hoses/connectors since all the metal piping will be gone when you remov ethe OEM fuel rail (from fuel pump to rail, and return line from regulator)

I can upload some pictures .. (once I'm at home again)

I am not familiar with the whole mechanics, but why would one need a different plenum to go top feed?

Any help appreciated (before I start)

(Has anyone done this before??)

Edited by Torques

Hello!

I have recently bought (via EBAY) such a kit .. (so top feed conversion)

It came with the fuel rail, spacers, nice Bosch injectors, and connector pigtails.

The whole kit was about GBP 330 and came from the USA!

The fuel rail looks alright too, but I suspect made in China. (?)

I have not fitted it yet so I can not tell if it works.

You also will need a fuel pressure regulator since the OEM one is attached to the OEM fuel rail.

In addition you need to think about a set of fuel hoses/connectors since all the metal piping will be gone when you remov ethe OEM fuel rail (from fuel pump to rail, and return line from regulator)

I can upload some pictures .. (once I'm at home again)

I am not familiar with the whole mechanics, but why would one need a different plenum to go top feed?

Any help appreciated (before I start)

(Has anyone done this before??)

Hey mate,

Basically because the standard plenum curves back over itself, there is a height issue between the bottom of the plenum (where the injectors sit) and the top of the plenum.

So by using the forward facing plenum, it allows you to use top feed because there is no height restriction.

The injectors I had were fairly large so prehaps it MAY be possible to squeeze in there with smaller ones, but I wouldnt call it ideal lol

I went side feeds, cause its easy. Just pull the old ones out put the new ones in.

Only problem is not having any aftermarket side feed fuel rails to pretty things up

are you making over 400rwk? factory fuel rail is pretty darn good.

That said (as we find the limit of side feed injectors quickly on ethanol) the new company i develop for has a rail program i hope to implement with the short style bosch ID injectors in about 2months to fit r33 and S14 S15..

are you making over 400rwk? factory fuel rail is pretty darn good.

That said (as we find the limit of side feed injectors quickly on ethanol) the new company i develop for has a rail program i hope to implement with the short style bosch ID injectors in about 2months to fit r33 and S14 S15..

yeah the stock fuel rail just looks a bit out of place with a Greddy/Copy Manifold. Thats the main reason I want an aftermarket fuel rail. Circuit Sports make an aftermarket side feed rail but apparently it doesnt fit with the Greddy plenums.... Bit of a shame but oh well lol

yeah the stock fuel rail just looks a bit out of place with a Greddy/Copy Manifold. Thats the main reason I want an aftermarket fuel rail. Circuit Sports make an aftermarket side feed rail but apparently it doesnt fit with the Greddy plenums.... Bit of a shame but oh well lol

There was a standard rail sold on here a little while ago, guy had it coated candy red, looked pretty good :thumbsup:

Hi!

OK .. that makes sense ..

From what I gathered my fuel rail (the new one) should plug right in.

My top-feeds one are only about 1cm longer compared to the side feeds.

We'll see .. (I will report)

Hey mate,

Basically because the standard plenum curves back over itself, there is a height issue between the bottom of the plenum (where the injectors sit) and the top of the plenum.

So by using the forward facing plenum, it allows you to use top feed because there is no height restriction.

The injectors I had were fairly large so prehaps it MAY be possible to squeeze in there with smaller ones, but I wouldnt call it ideal lol