SAU Community

Recommend an Importer?

red900ss

A guy at work is after an import for around $10k.

Can anyone:

A.) Recommend an Importer/Broker; and,

B.) Any idea of what he would get for that money? He's after a sedan, n/a, auto.

Positive comments only posted thanks. :(

Please PM me with the names of those Importers you wouldn't go near. :)

j-spec got me mine, and mine ain't performance... cefiro, laurels and steaga's are nice as far as nissan goes, then there's the eunos's that u can get, or a GTS4 non turbo r32... which is probably what i'd reccomend, a lil rare, but pretty cheap. J-Spec also go thru private sales in japan in addition to the auctions which they list on their website, so as long as he can wait for a month he should be able to get one. Maybe his budget might blow out to about 12k max

As far as 4 door imports go:

Toyota Chaser Tourer

Cresta

Mark II

Toyota Prius (think that's the enviroment friendly one)

Originally posted by funkymonkey

... cefiro, laurels and steaga's are nice as far as nissan goes, then there's the eunos's that u can get, or a GTS4 non turbo r32...

... the Skyline R32 sedan has not been approved for import under current laws, so that is out of the question at this stage ... non-turbo Skyline R33 sedans do not meet the necessary power-to-weight ratio so they are not allowed either - you could almost get a non-turbo R33 coupe but that would blow the budget (you could almost get an automatic R33 GTS25t sedan for that price though)

There is not much that you can import as far as non-turbo's these days because of the 105kw/ton minimum requirement to be eligible under the SEVS import scheme ... 15 year and older is probably the place to look but there is not much that you would want in non-turbo .. here are the best options:

non-turbo Cefiro (not a bad car - probably the best choice)

Skyline R30 or R31 (hard to find in non-turbo)

RX7 series 4 (most are turbo and only 2 door)

Craig Moor

J-Spec Imports

www.j-spec.com.au

Originally posted by chubb

Could some one tell me if you can bring in a r32 gts t

You can import R32 GTS-T coupes without any problems, however the complaince prices are increasing as we speak because there are very few plates left - you can expect to pay around $2,400 for at the moment with prices probably rising to around the $3,000 within the next few weeks.

The R32 sedan is not allowed for import at this stage - it probably would be allowed under the new SEVS scheme, but I do not think anyone has submitted as application for it yet - even if it was approved the compliance would have to be done by RAWS workshop and the cost would be at least $4,000.

I like the look of JZX100 chaser tourer for a 4 door...

looks heaps better than stagea thou not as fast...

and obviously much "masculine" styled rather than

the soarer