SAU Community

03Apr04 AIR drag results

whatsisname

I tell you it's interesting being a fly on the wall in this thread! :D - between last nights hour of madness (of which I don't think should be further broadcast) & now the swahilli lessons there is also some discussion about drags and also Skylines!! hehehe :D

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'We' means you in English. 'Wewe' is to sing the Swahili word for you. So you just sang.... "you homosexual man" Either that or you said "you you homosexual man" You've got a stutter :D

Ah, that what I said Matt. A chick rolled a torana & it was spinning on its roof thru the traps - IN PERTH, ON SAT NIGHT. Thats why I mentioned it, cause a similar thing happened in Adelaide on the same night.

BTW - Cheeky is a 'sweet ass' not a 'bad ass'

Ah, that what I said Matt. A chick rolled a torana & it was spinning on its roof thru the traps - IN PERTH, ON SAT NIGHT. Thats why I mentioned it, cause a similar thing happened in Adelaide on the same night.

BTW - Cheeky is a 'sweet ass' not a 'bad ass'

Yep cool, gotcha mate :D I was 99.99% sure that's what you meant.

I'd be interested to know how the female driver of the Torrie that crashed whilst running against me has faired? I certainly won't be forgetting the image of her car spinning through the air as I drove past!

I'm staying right out of this whole 'ass' thing :D

nah, they didnt. kier was just running in new engine and the clutch on theo's car was just starting to slip. Auto box going in.

hey Matt, you going out on wednesday? ill be out there to get some times down

I'm toying with the idea of bolting on slicks, just to see the full potential of the car. If I don't go with slicks then I'll be out there as a spectator only. I've ran at the last 4 meets! I feel like watching for a change.

why dont ya stick with what you're running if you dont feel you are happy with the package, not so much cos of what the cars doing, but you're own driving?? anywhere you can improve in you're book on the current package?

no doubt you can go faster with slicks but thats cheating :P

I know there's plenty left in the car on street tyres, both in ET and MPH, but it'd be nice to see just how quick it can go on slicks. And with the new SAU 'slicks' and 'non-slicks' classes it wouldn't be a pointless exercise.

I've had a heap of people suggesting I give slicks a shot, even if for just one meet. Most of them are old school drag racers hence they don't see why I wouldn't want to go with slicks.

I can go faster by winding the boost up more (still have at least another 3-4psi up my sleeve) and I could stop my BOV from leaking so that the boost holds up top. Currently the BOV cracks open above 20psi.

go for the slicks matt, just to see the difference, our cars dont have the full auto/high stall so they cant take the full advantage but with traction you can get a good time to show your power, i know i will go streight for some et streets or similar once my car is done to try and get some decent times.

For the drags just remove the bov and put a plate over the hole, just for some fun.

Lets look at the idea of using slicks at AIR.

Its a drag track? (yes) Slick is a drag tyre? (yes) You are drag racing (yes)

Only am imbecile would consider using a slick cheating. Bit like getting accussed of same for using a pool cue in a game of eight ball, when you could poke the balls around quite well with your finger.