SAU Community

Never Ending R33 Gtst Problem

Crans

Spent a day at my mates house trying to figure out why my car missfired at low rpm and went lean all the time. Swapped out a heap of parts including the CAS, ended up putting all my parts back on apart from the CAS.

Drive home no problems.(Apart from the miss and random lean out)

Next day i figure out my cam cover venting to atmosphere with the pcv still connected to the plenum is basically a big air leak.

Start the car and missfire is gone no more leaning at idle I go for a quick drive and all smooth apart from burbling on decel, i assume this is caused by incorrect injector lag times(Lag time may have been incorrectly set to high as the air leak meant more fuel was needed on vacume). Come to a round about near my house and the car dies. Will not start just keeps crancking over.

Tow the car home. This weekend i put my CAS back on and jump start the car and it runs(Took abit of cranking)

Battery was pretty much flat from all the cranking so last night i put the battery on charge. This morning I try and start the car and nothing just endless cranking(I thought the CAS i put on it was faulty)

Any ideas? I have already reset the tune to standard and resized the injectors and MAF to get a new starting point. This did not help at all.

CAS timing has not been set properly since putting mine back on and is currently sitting all the way anti clock wise.

I have played with cold cranking fuel and ignition and this has not helped.

I do plan on setting the timing correctly but i need the F*cking car to start first.

There was already a mark on it so originally we lined it up to that and it started(This was the other night)

As it was hard to start that time i have been moving the CAS slightly starting from all the way anticlockwise.

The issue this morning happened before the case was moved as i though it might have been an issue.

Just noticed the lack of fuel pump priming so i might disconnect the fuel feed and see if fuel is flowing

I recently had the fuel pump hard wired with a relay by an auto electrician

Check your fuel pressure, see if its up to scratch. Also you can pull out the plugs after the cranking and see if they're wet from fuel. Remember, if the fuel hits the plug for too long and is not ignited, chances are you've fouled most, if not all the plugs and the car will NEVER start.

I spent a fair while trying to diagnose my car once a while back, crank crank crank nothing. Changed plugs, problem was gone.

I have an R33 gtst..its a never ending problem :D

But seriously mine hs done this a few times and its always been fouled plugs. Always keep a spare set in your toolbox :thumbsup:

.also just recently the battery..I would charge it all night and it still didnt want to fire..however if I plugged in the battery charger on its engine start function it would start..battery was just rooted..it would crank but wouldnt fire the coils..then plugs would foul form too much cranking...New battery with 430cca she now cranks like a baws....problem solved..

That's also another problem with you guys. If it doesn't start after 3 or 4 cranks, you'll keep cranking. It's not goin to magically fix itself and start.

It's a EFI motor, it's designed to start easy.

Plus, these cheap shit batteries you or the jap \ compliance puts in them are just that - shit.

Get a decent battery and try to crank it 3 or 4 times a couple of times. Not all night.

If it doesn't start after a couple of short goes, stop, and start checking shit.

yes u are right..

My only defense is that yeah, I only crank it a few hits at a time and sometimes it would magically fix itself

i had a feeling it was the battery and when i got it going I went straight to local battery shop to have it checked..first thing he said is thats a piece of junk battery and its dead...was a 320cca power crank..was in it when I bought it..

I doubt in this case its my battery. It cranking over and over and over. The battery went flat after the car originally cut out and had o get towed home.

It died during decel and sounded like it was getting too much fuel as it was popping alot.

nope it would crank ok, although not as good as it does with the new battery..

lights would be alright everything ..it just wouldnt fire...guy at the battery shop said it just didnt have enough Cold Cranking Amps.

eventually when it had warmed up a little it would fire and once it did it would run, but i know at least once the plugs fouled up..

It starts first crank now though it sometimes stalls out straight away, so its still not starting 100% and my starter squeals like a pig when it does

I feel there is another issue, I'm not sure what yet might just be the plugs still..

I doubt in this case its my battery. It cranking over and over and over. The battery went flat after the car originally cut out and had o get towed home.

It died during decel and sounded like it was getting too much fuel as it was popping alot.

yeah sorry for the slight thread highjack..yours sounds like a diferent problem..

Also I only cranked it over alot as previously on warm start she would need alot of cranking, but i guess during that cranking you could hear that it was actually getting fuel and spark

that doesnt make sense "guy at the battery shop said it didnt have enough cold cranking amps"

if there arent enough amps its dead obvious, the lights go dim, you can hear the starter motor struggle and it basically tries to start as if something is strangling it's neck

Tow the car home. This weekend i put my CAS back on and jump start the car and it runs(Took abit of cranking)

Battery was pretty much flat from all the cranking so last night i put the battery on charge. This morning I try and start the car and nothing just endless cranking(I thought the CAS i put on it was faulty)

that sounds more like the immoboliser is stuck on or something obvious like that

there is either enough amperage in the battery, or there isn't

its dead obvious when there isnt, lights go dim when you try to crank, starter motor struggles to turn over (you can hear it struggling)

the basics when starting

air, fuel, spark

inputs, water temp sensor, airflow meter

outputs, crank angle sensor, injectors, coilpacks

it should start without water temp sensor and airflow meter

it wont start without CAS, injectors, coilpacks, air, fuel or spark, or power