SAU Community

R32 Flashing Red Engine Light, Stalls When Accelerating

Vengy

The engine light started flashing at me when I turned the key too on in my 32 gtst, wasn't like that last time I drove it. It stalls when I touch the accerator and struggles to start, I havnt driven since, only moved it from where it was parked, And holy shit it has no power to even move it, I did some research on how to check the ECU fault codes but didn't have any luck when doing so (i might possibly be retarded) im keen to get this sorted ASAP

Any help would be awesome as I'm ripping my hair out trying to figure this shit out myself >_<

I'll answer any questions as best I can...

Mods are:

Exhaust

Gtr FMI

Coil packs

Pod filter

r33 series 2 turbo and dump pipe

Running 10psi

Stock ECU, AFM etc

Replaced the AFM, disconnected the battery for 10min, reconnected and still playing up, if I touch the throttle and gradually bring the revs up it doesn't misfire (much), but if I stomp the throttle it cuts out for a second then spits like a mofo, and shoots fuel out the exhaust.

I'm located on the gold coast..

dude i got the same problem with my stagea. ive been looking around on the net and i from what ive found so far, it could be AFM or the o2 sensor. im planning on replacing my o2 sensor tomorrow if i can find a shop that has one. im also on the gold coast so if i fix my problem, id be happy to help you with yours

Awesome :D, well ive ruled out the AFM itself (replaced with a new one) could still be the looming? And I replaced the o2 sensor about 6weeks ago with a second hand one from nizzpro, whether or not the o2 is gone again I'm not sure, Nizzpro stock brand new o2 sensors for $80 or second hand for $40. Let us know how you go, i just don't want to dump It into a mechanics hands just yet if its a small problem for them to charge me labour for unscrewing a couple things :/, could be a coil or igniter? Possibly an air leak? Under boost sucking air that doesn't go through the AFM? Or leaking air pressure? Really starting to niggle me haha

Another thing I noticed, after resetting the ECU, and simply turning the key to on (not starting the car) the engine light spazes out straight away so leaning more so towards an electrical issue..

• 5 months later...

hey mate i have an issue similar to this,

i have same car, car runs fine in neutral and revs to about 5K than mild backfire, it was in a dudes yard for ages but ran fine got it nearly home and it started loosing power really bad!

now it does not have any power when in gear to move a meter forward or a meter back. it just looses revs and stalls when clutch is released, umm its pretty stock just a pod filter,

i ran 10 liters of high octane with injector cleaning fluid and it has not helped i thought it was possibly clogged injectors this did not work, i need help aye im pretty shit with cars

any help would be great!!

Cheers man.:cheers: