SAU Community

Permanent Tyre Shine

666DAN

OK, after many dissapointing ventures into spray can "gloss" laquers for minor body repairs, I though I'd try the 3M Clear laquer, very impressed with it once you giveit a healthy polish. But then I started pondering it's use on my tyres....wowee....permanent new tyre shine with minminal dirt pickup and easy to clean (no polishing required....Vote #1 3M clear laquer!!!!

Edited by 666DAN

the only long lasting tyre shine ive ever used was the meguiars gel one that you have to rub on - which is just time consuming ..

all the cans one last ****all for me .. but i have to keep trying new ones

in the meantime i just use the aussie export stuff lol $10 for 4 cans!

I may give what dan said a try :)

Lateral thought:- Spray it on the treads > No need to replace tyres :P > Steppin' out with skids :P

LOL made a massive effort to avoid traction reduction haha, will grab a pic. The stuff has been on a while and the tyres still look new. Even dust doesn't love them anymore.

You just need to give the tyres a good clean, applying some of that plastic primer doesn't hurt either. Scrubbing the tyres will wear it off though, so touchups are required if you're a bit curb happy haha

^ it only advertises 2 weeks on the site

but i guess its better if lasts longer than they say, rather than a false claim for months

I called up and had a chat with antonio - i might order a small bottle of poorboys gel and the normal poorboys just to see the difference in application and which i prefer more - their good for the price, carpro PERL by your recommendation is also usable on tyres apparently! ill have to see which i prefer. Keen to try out PERL though, seems like a really good product.

Im using the meguiars gel stuff at the moment but thats a nightmare to apply, and the foam applicator pads keep breaking apart - the yellow/black bits dont stay together

but also as a note applying Xenit to tyres definitely makes tyre shine stick on for longer :)

btw anybody still use that $2 aussie export stuff?

back in the day it used to last decently but the last few cans ive bought last all of .. 10 minutes ..

Xenit :)

its great stuff

also useful for any tough stains on fabric etc

I use this for the more difficult stuff, but i try to use something like FI's GPC where I can, its just alot cheaper - not too sure what alternatives there are to this though

but grab xenit, works wonders on stained tyres

As Jonno said, the Aussie export stuff lasts SFA time. What ive found to work best is, put down a layer or two of the meguires endurance tyre gel (which in itself works awesome + it smells like sexy grape lol) let it dry off for 5 to 10 minutes. Then after its dryish spray it with the aussie export spray on shine, stuff works briliantly and cause the endurance gel stays on the tire even when the export stuff wears off (albeit after about 1 or 2 days) your still left with the relatively shinny Meguires layer.

This is what i use on my car anyway :) (i just cant bring myself to spray a clear coat onto my tires lol)

Edited by Nikk_666

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• The time has come once again, for another SAUNSW Sunday Session! You all know the drill by now, fam... This is the perfect event to catch up with the SAUNSW crew, hang out for a coffee and a bite to eat, and get in some photos and friendly banter! So without any ado, here are the details: Date: Sunday 14 July 2024 Meet Location: Penrith Krispy Kreme (at Penrith Panthers - Panthers Place, Mulgoa Rd, Penrith) Meet Time: 8:00am Map: https://tinyurl.com/saunsw-penrithkk  This is NOT a race and we will all be adhering to all road rules. If this is what you want please come to one of our many track days. This is an official SAUNSW event and will be run under a Motorsports Australia permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there!
    • Who's itching for another cruise...?? That's right! You are! And so are we! And what better cruise to run than an Old Pac Run!! So without any ado whatsoever, here are the details for you to save: Date: Saturday 22nd June 2024 Meet Location: Cowan Truck Stop (Pacific Motorway - Refer to Map) Meet Time: Meet at 7:00pm for a 7:30pm departure Destination: Gosford McDonald's (65 Pacific Highway, Gosford West) Map: https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/Cowan+Rest+Area+-+Truck+Stop,+Cowan+NSW+2081/mcdonalds+gosford/@-33.5145054,151.1875996,11z/data=!4m39!4m38!1m30!1m1!1s0x6b0d50be6b302f7b:0x52a920c40b292919!2m2!1d151.1590113!2d-33.6115097!3m4!1m2!1d151.1632842!2d-33.6047898!3s0x6b0d509345312641:0xb510e358747a5332!3m4!1m2!1d151.2008176!2d-33.5274838!3s0x6b0d4e5adac43725:0x611c05fee203a98a!3m4!1m2!1d151.1925869!2d-33.4598502!3s0x6b0d4926bcb9e627:0xd95f510d7f39b402!3m4!1m2!1d151.2072744!2d-33.4523186!3s0x6b0d49138231a221:0xaf20c78b79e9db5a!3m4!1m2!1d151.2318957!2d-33.4309951!3s0x6b0d4989b4996d83:0xeae9af9b71739b59!1m5!1m1!1s0x6b0d4aaa920441e5:0x33f1be63f4680e2f!2m2!1d151.32463!2d-33.4269!3e0?entry=ttu Definitely an easy one for this cruise, meet at Cowan Truck Stop and jump straight onto Old Pacific Highway! Final stop at McDonald's which has plenty of parking all around. There will be a lead and follow car so no one should get lost. If you would like to attend or bring others along please put your name down and a +1 as numbers will be needed prior! This is NOT a race and we will all be adhering to all road rules. If this is what you want please come to one of our track days. This is an official SAUNSW event and will be run under a Motorsport Australia permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there!
    • Thanks, I'll have to cobble something like sonicii did, will report back
    • Agree! I still believe I have the quietest 400kW+ R33 in Australia.
    • ah gotcha ill go remeasure again, thanks for all the tips. when i measured the TPS 5v reference voltage, i put my multimeter leads on 5v power and strut tower bolt, it gave me 5v with boost sensor disconnected and with boost sensor connected it gave me 1.4v. ill try remeasure again this time with volt meter both on the 5v reference and TPS signal ground wire.