SAU Community

Living With A 35 Gtr - Affordable?

ricknismo

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well there's been alot said on the forum about the various LC versions of 2009 vs 2010

all i confirm is, my car is april 2010 build and i can use LC with everything in R mode (dont need to turn VDC off). Revs rise to about 3000-3200rpm and is very smooth off the line, no axle tramp at all, even now with ~30%+ more power than stock through the wheels

Edited by domino_z

how about some pics of your black gtr? those wheels look very interesting :)

bit of an open ended question...what are the significant changes between the 09, 10, 11 & MY12?

im over hearing about the stigma that the earlier r35's have weaker transnmissions...i was told the LC was too aggressive/high revs which caused this?

i also watched an interview of a nissan executive who explained that the LC was designed for offroad/loose terrain only & NOT bitumen - to me it sound like an outclause for the warranty claims in 08/09

A bit off track but another car that I have been considering is quite weird. a 2010 2RS Camaro..companies here are selling for $145k. They are actually about $30k to buy but add everything and it gets up there. Scarily the RHD conversion is worth more than the car. v8 M3's are starting to hit 70k and 35's are getting so close to what a Vspec 2 34 is worth that I can't believe it. I'm lookin for that bargain but haven't jumped on one yet.

m3 is underpowered

having come from an E46 M3 as a daily prior (and still have it), the bigger issue is how underwhelming the driving experience is on the day to day grind.......feels no different to a bargain basement 3 series when you're not revving it out to 7 grand

not like you can compare different dynos but my stock e46 m3 pulled 220 and my stock 350Z Anniversary on the same dyno a couple years earlier pulled 198

so id say that dyno for the v8 m3 is reading a bit low

Edited by domino_z

I had a 32 GTR, 33 GTR,34GTR Vspec, E46 M3 and 34 Vspec II and the one thing that changes as you age (I'm late 30's now) is the want to get out of the Boy racer image and go prestige but keep the boy racer spirit. I think your comments on the E46 M3 are right and it scarily depreciated but I do miss it and am interested in a V8 one maybe not for the outright power but just because it ticks all the boxes.

Tough

sounds good

well made

'grown up'

drives well

leather

That said a 35 is a 'grown up' boy racer to me and it a different category to my 34.

I had a 32 GTR, 33 GTR,34GTR Vspec, E46 M3 and 34 Vspec II and the one thing that changes as you age (I'm late 30's now) is the want to get out of the Boy racer image and go prestige but keep the boy racer spirit. I think your comments on the E46 M3 are right and it scarily depreciated but I do miss it and am interested in a V8 one maybe not for the outright power but just because it ticks all the boxes.

Tough

sounds good

well made

'grown up'

drives well

leather

That said a 35 is a 'grown up' boy racer to me and it a different category to my 34.

• 3 weeks later...

This should give you an idea of the performance difference of the R35 vs R32/33/34. The R35 is stock standard and all the other GTR's are worked like crazy. The stock R35 is right up the bum of the 33 and 34 for the entire race, neither can get away from the 35. My next question is if they put a fully worked R35 against the same cars how far in front would the R35 be?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkSWZF3UroQ

But wait a minute the R32 gtr was the least power but it had the least weight, i think more power would have done something better. ANd lets not forget the r35 is suspension and all is all ready fully track modified, unlike the other gtrs. This R32 gtr was NOT worked like crazy. my R32 GTR does 330 awkw at the floor Healthily , The new R35 does around 296Awkw at the ground. Lets not forget i have not changed my internals I can do low 11's 1/4 mile with shit tires and rock hard suspension and thats with gear shifting the R35 has paddle shifting thats where it gains its most ground on the drag and 0-100. Bang for your buck is the R34 and R32 just tweak it more, They are undercover super cars, The R35 doesnt have as many hidden secrets, its not locked its pretty worked straight from factory. It boasts its supecar status.

The R32 GTR was dubbed japans super car in the 90's dont forget that. Not to say the r35 cant be worked more. But for cheaper $$$ the R34 or R32 would munch the r35. Especially If it challenged the winfield R32 GTR.

Not baggin the R35 that is one amazing machine and so much ecltronic wizardy if i had the money id keep my R32 and work it to its max and buy a R35 also. GTR = The beggining and the end :)

Someone also forgets the price of the R32 GTR when it was released in Australia. Someone also forgets that for around an extra $5K the R35 will get 420kw at the wheels.

Correct me if i am wrong but Skaife did Bathurst in 2:14:50 in the Winfield R32 GTR and Miles Tauber in his R35 GTR did it in 2:15:07. With an HKS1000 or Alpha 12 kit I think the R35 will easily beat the Winfield time without needing a professional race car driver at the wheel.