SAU Community

Any Good For A Cheapy?

MattR

i know you normally get what you pay for but just looking at it for my daily.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-CAR-STEREO-GPS-2-DOUBLE-DIN-CD-DVD-PLAYEY-RDS-TV-BT-/250725704784?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a606aa450#ht_13510wt_1344

not worried about the 3d but all other stuff seems ok.

any ideas be great cheers

matt

they work fine , maps will be out of date so ask them for some unlocked and updated

screen motorization is noisy but not used much if you use mp3's anyway

graphics for icons are a bit lame and not sharp.

trim rings fit 50% of the time..lol

and the freq seems to be cut off on highs , less then 20khz not tested but my ears picked it up

• 4 weeks later...

will work in just about anything that has doubledin or that much room.

TV wont really work here, its analog. , plus needs proper antenna for it. digital tv works but need a expensive antenna to use on the move . for back seat of course or parked

dont expect it to compare to alpine or someother name brands but some have better features then alpine built in? not saying they would ever compare to a name brand but for cheap they work.

bluetooth mated to my iphone 4 no fuss havent tried with 4s yet

noisy face motors, and slow but what do you want for so cheap.

gps software is out of date or demo on most units. so make sure you get updated map with key

and other things as pointed out above

bose or not you can always wire into bose or around it

will work in just about anything that has doubledin or that much room.

TV wont really work here, its analog. , plus needs proper antenna for it. digital tv works but need a expensive antenna to use on the move . for back seat of course or parked

dont expect it to compare to alpine or someother name brands but some have better features then alpine built in? not saying they would ever compare to a name brand but for cheap they work.

bluetooth mated to my iphone 4 no fuss havent tried with 4s yet

noisy face motors, and slow but what do you want for so cheap.

gps software is out of date or demo on most units. so make sure you get updated map with key

and other things as pointed out above

bose or not you can always wire into bose or around it

ok cheers

but the radio and music for an ipod work fine?

Highly likely. Though you could probably just buy something a lot cheaper if that's all you're after.

what type of stero are u think off

cant get much for $170

and i think the 7inch screen will look sweet in the car :)

(its more for looks)

what type of stero are u think off

cant get much for $170

and i think the 7inch screen will look sweet in the car :)

(its more for looks)

That's the thing though. I've seen these in person and as Carbon 34 said, the graphics for the icons and things are not very sharp which kind of kills the aesthetics (at least for me). It's like having a great looking mobile phone with the graphics of a gameboy color.

As for an alternative; assuming you have an external amplifier - anything as long as it has the features you want, it's just an interface. People are less likely to break into your car and steal a standard looking headunit too. Practically has its own sort of appeal too. I would love to rock some sort of DIY headunit with a LED backlit 7 segment display and a couple of buttons all put together in a hobby box playing music from an SD card with an AM/FM radio.

In the end however it is your car and your choice, but seriously take your pick they all work and some look quite nice: http://www.jbhifi.co.../mp3-cd-tuners/