SAU Community

09 Adm Out Of Warranty

GT-R OZ

Hi guys

Looking at picking up a low klm 09 ADM next year which will most likely be out of warranty. I've got around 90k to play with. Am I dreaming? Does anyone know why Nissan does not let you purchase an additional 3 years warranty with the GT-R. Was considering buying extra warranty for the drivetrain from the company 'Ineedwarrantynow' http://www.ineedwarrantynow.com.au/vehicles-extension-to-manufacturers-warranty.htm Would this be a good idea for peace of mind? The car will be for street use only. Would appreciate any thoughts you guys might have.

" Does anyone know why Nissan does not let you purchase an additional 3 years warranty with the GT-R. "

I have 40,000ks on my 09 R35 and it has been a faultless SuperCar for me since new but I never tracked it etc.....

But being a high performance car that it is .....a few see track days and may also see other forms of FUN........

So one can understand that insurance on a 3 year old SuperCar can raise a few questions...............cheers.gif

i would steer clear of third party warranty companies. I've heard some bad stories. With the R35 OEM engine+tranny costing $100k from Nissan, i reckon they would be doing their best NOT to pay if anything goes awry. Funny thing, a friend got a quote for two replacement OEM R35 turbos a few months back, the cost was about $25AUk EACH. Of course, you would never pay it, which perhaps is their desired outcome. Honestly i would just find a car, find a good mechanic (someone who has actually pulled r35's apart, which may be difficult) and have them check it over.

As for your $90k price (in 12 months) i think it's about right. Should be doable.

Edited by LSX-438

If Nissan are going to charge such ridiculous prices for replacement parts I guess the only choice for owners once their warranty expires is to source parts from other suppliers, otherwise the 2nd hand market value of these cars will collapse as no one will buy them. 100k for an engine and tranny is morethen the value of the entire car!

Edited by GT-R OZ

Why would your friend need two turbos already and even consider buying the same ones again???

They wouldn't.

But going through the warranty process you learn these things (the dealer tells you what Nissan charges).

Btw, you have to buy two turbos at a time from nissan (a pair) which costs $50k+

Insane.