SAU Community

Wheel Repair/repaint In Canberra

azathoth

Just took my spare LMGT to Naz at Kustom Motor Finishes dont think he even knows how prep and paint wheels, looks like a rushed job. He didn't paint the inside because he think its not seen,well if something is not seen doesn't mean it should not be given some sort of attention.

when you ask for something like a wheel to be painted its the whole thing. I hope you didn't pay for that

Just took my spare LMGT to Naz at Kustom Motor Finishes dont think he even knows how prep and paint wheels, looks like a rushed job. He didn't paint the inside because he think its not seen,well if something is not seen doesn't mean it should not be given some sort of attention.

i paid him half. However I ended up taking to Mobile Fabrications for powdercoating this is what they look like now. Absolutely pleased with how they turned out.

post-77241-0-24401400-1376283264_thumb.jpg

post-77241-0-43979900-1376283384_thumb.jpg

That's a shame, he did some very awesome work on my GTR not too long ago and will be doing more stuff for me soon.

Don't roll old guards kids, ends in tears (and cracked paint!).

• Like 1

That's a shame, he did some very awesome work on my GTR not too long ago and will be doing more stuff for me soon.

Don't roll old guards kids, ends in tears (and cracked paint!).

Need to heat up the paint so that it stretches instead of cracking.

Need to heat up the paint so that it stretches instead of cracking.

Doesn't always work! Always a risk involved.

And to clarify - Naz fixed my car AFTER they were already rolled.

• 2 years later...

my new wheels.

Have a little bit of surface corrosion on them. Wicked wheels wants $180 each to remove it..... that's more than i paid for the fking things lol.

Anyone know any other repairers around? There is no gutter rash it's literally just a surface buff.

I can do it, or you can do it lol. If its only surface corrosion its easy as lol

On diamond finished wheels it's a PITA.

i don't have the time to do it. I found a place that will sandblast and powder coat so i will fix the tiny bit of gutter rash on 1 wheel and then do that.