SAU Community

Swap Rb25De With Rb25Det

brat81

I bought an almost stock(exhaust, cooler, suspension) series 2 for 7k. Just to give you an example. I also previously bought a modded gtst for 11k. That is the difference. If its a clean non turbo you can get about 4 - 6k for it. About 2k ontop you got a stock gtst, about 2 k further you should have 240rwkw. About 2k extra maybe a fully built motor... for under 14k.

if you have to ask this kind of question then you need to sell the car and buy a commodore.

You can't just swap the engine, f**k, there would be at least $3k of mechanical work involved.

You need:

Engine - $1500

Wiring loom - $400

Brakes- $500

Gearbox (DE box is weak) $1500

Suspension - $1500

ECU - $100

Intercooler - $200

Piping - $400

Exhaust - $500

Labor - $3000

Engineering - $500

Thats $10,100

Are you a retard? You can buy a whole R33 GTS-T for that.

Please sign out of SAU and delete your account. And buy a commodore.

I can almost guarantee after you buy a R33 Turbo, you'll be signing back on wondering why its stalling and blowing black smoke after installing your Vent to Atmo BOV.

Edited by The Mafia

if you have to ask this kind of question then you need to sell the car and buy a commodore.

You can't just swap the engine, f**k, there would be at least $3k of mechanical work involved.

You need:

Engine - $1500

Wiring loom - $400

Brakes- $500

Gearbox (DE box is weak) $1500

Suspension - $1500

ECU - $100

Intercooler - $200

Piping - $400

Exhaust - $500

Labor - $3000

Engineering - $500

Thats $10,100

Are you a retard? You can buy a whole R33 GTS-T for that.

Please sign out of SAU and delete your account. And buy a commodore.

I can almost guarantee after you buy a R33 Turbo, you'll be signing back on wondering why its stalling and blowing black smoke after installing your Vent to Atmo BOV.

did it really upset you that much?

If such things bother you to the degree they clearly do, you may want to consider getting yourself a life outside Skylines Australia.

Douche.

Maybe if dickheads like you and the OP didn't post shit we wouldn't need to worry about the site turning into Nissan Silvia forums.

So, might be easier if you left instead?

You can get a engine with loom ecu and Turbo for around 1.9k maybe cash isn't a issue and i rather do this for the pure enjoyment no need to act like a dick maybe you need to take a chill pill no need for the rage

You can get a engine with loom ecu and Turbo for around 1.9k maybe cash isn't a issue and i rather do this for the pure enjoyment no need to act like a dick maybe you need to take a chill pill no need for the rage

The enjoyment disappears quickly mate, trust me. Sure I love my car now, but in hindsight I would probably have loved a factory GTT just as much and spent far less cash and had far less problems. There are so many fkn headaches it isn't funny.

I've had my car almost 4 years now. In that time, I've put 23,000kms on the chassis. My car is my daily, it's the only car I own. 23,000kms in 4 years as my daily driven car. THAT is how much time it has spent off the road; first getting the engine swap and then diagnosing and fixing random problems associated with said engine swap. It has come a long way and I love the pig wub.gif But if I could do it all again... Sell it.

Edited by Hanaldo

The enjoyment disappears quickly mate, trust me. Sure I love my car now, but in hindsight I would probably have loved a factory GTT just as much and spent far less cash and had far less problems. There are so many fkn headaches it isn't funny.

I've had my car almost 4 years now. In that time, I've put 23,000kms on the chassis. My car is my daily, it's the only car I own. 23,000kms in 4 years as my daily driven car. THAT is how much time it has spent off the road; first getting the engine swap and then diagnosing and fixing random problems associated with said engine swap. It has come a long way and I love the pig wub.gif But if I could do it all again... Sell it.

Amen.

Big home projects always end up doing your head in. Unless you are very skilled at the task you are setting out to do, have surplus cash ontop of what you think it will cost (cos shit always goes wrong or unexpected things come up) and alot of time so you dont end up going f*k god make this end soon- then you are going to have your head done in.

GTST's are so cheap now that DE+T's or RB25DE to DET swaps are just the biggest waste of time.

Then again, its shit like this that keeps darwinian selection in motion. You waste all your time n money on stupid shit n the smart ones use it to make a shitload more money...

Amen.

Big home projects always end up doing your head in. Unless you are very skilled at the task you are setting out to do, have surplus cash ontop of what you think it will cost (cos shit always goes wrong or unexpected things come up) and alot of time so you dont end up going f*k god make this end soon- then you are going to have your head done in.

GTST's are so cheap now that DE+T's or RB25DE to DET swaps are just the biggest waste of time.

Then again, its shit like this that keeps darwinian selection in motion. You waste all your time n money on stupid shit n the smart ones use it to make a shitload more money...

laugh.gif

Agree with pretty much everything you said.

You should literally double your budget when you approach things like this. Don't crunch numbers by adding up how much things are going to cost and then expect that it will cost exactly that much. It doesn't. And it is IMPOSSIBLE to predict the things that go wrong. You think you have planned so carefully and taken everything into account and then bam. Electrical gremlins, forgotten perishables, tuning issues, mechanical failures, etc. It's endless.

It's a bit different for us over here in WA, as there are no P-Plate restrictions so non-turbo Skyline's aren't worth chips. And my car being a 34, when I calculated my costs it appeared to be cheaper to do the conversion than it would be to sell it and buy a factory 34 in similar condition. Of course I didn't take into account the aforementioned costs. I did have all the experienced people telling me not to do it and what to expect, but I went ahead and did it anyway. I can't exactly say I regret it, but I certainly wouldn't do it the same way if I had the chance.

I tuely understood the factor of costs and i have chosen the sell path way before this thread turned into a hate machine,

But yeah my biggest choice now is what to buy and where i don't want to rush into buying a gtst like i did with my gets an d have it bite me in the ass

One last question before i let this thread rot, how hard is it to geta rwc for a modded car in Vic ?