SAU Community

New Garrett Gtx2860R / 2863R / 2867R

Gav

On a 2.6 you definitely need the right setup/method to be responsive :)

Daz has the right ingredients and method heheh!

By the way Daz I wasn't trying to be a smart arse :) I had good results from GTX2860's with a stroker setup, stock cams and BP98, but went shit when I put in cams and got another tuner to tune the setup when I headed north...

love to see the dyno plot as there's nobody who has shown one yet for these turbos.

• 2 weeks later...

Why so many questions on my set up RP are the sickest bro :)

I understand you made shit numbers and I'm guessing that's why you won't disclose your numbers?

We're all here to elevate performance of our cars in a collaborative n helpful way.

At least I thought that's what it was all about.

2 z32's been on the dyno in the last week. 1 with gtx2863's made 565.7rwkw @ 30psi (450+kw by 4500rpm). It actually mades 565kw at 5800rpm.

The other has gtx2867's. It made 770rwhp @ 32psi. Laggier tho as it had no vtc.

Edited by MagicMikeZ32
  • Like 2

2 z32's been on the dyno in the last week. 1 with gtx2863's made 565.7rwkw @ 30psi (450+kw by 4500rpm). It actually mades 565kw at 5800rpm.

The other has gtx2867's. It made 770rwhp @ 32psi. Laggier tho as it had no vtc.

that's mega, I noticed Z32s respond well to the gtx 63s. thanks for sharing too

Why not share your results?

he made over 400wkw on a built 2.6L on 2863's, prolly won't share because he blew his engine up.

I just wanted to know how it ramped up compared to Simon's 2.8L with same 2863's.

I'll soon find out tho :)

Edited by mr skidz

The VG30+GTX2863 combo is purely mental. I imagine however that most people would have a mental breakdown or two getting everything right with the build to get those great numbers though. Was the GTX2863 car yours mike?

Nah not mine Pete, one in Syd and one in Perth. The one in Syd has had a few hicups such as 2 snapped cams.

I am still on 98 but that will change soon. inb4e85cheat

j8dro8.jpg

Edited by MagicMikeZ32
  • Like 3

I'm sure it varies, the tighter the tolerance the better it will work, but too tight and it may rub once the bearing tolerance gets loose.

I would say .4mm would be ballpark. Hopefully someone with BB turbo machining experience pops up as I suspect you can go with less clearance with a BB core.