SAU Community

Exhaust Manifold Turbo Studs

OG.R34

Hi Guys.

Im after a bit of help in sourcing some 60mm (approx.) studs and nuts for my turbo manifold.

Basically have been told that the standard studs for the turbo flange are not long enough as my 35/40 has a spacer plate for clearance off engine and the nuts on it currently cant get a full lock.

Any ideas where I may be able to source some high tensile and also heat resistant studs from to suit the T3 flange.

Any help much appreciated.

Im doing a similar thing, but fitting a gtx3076 and i got some studs from a local nuts and bolts shop, heaps around

Have you checked if your manifold is warped? cause mine is and will have to be machined, thought i should mention it in case you put yours on and its leaking.

Thanks for replies.

What is MTQ?

Also im kinda chasing specific shop names or "nuts and bolts" places who do the special studs to cope with the heat etc.

It seems lazy and well I guess it kind of is :) Dont play with cars much anymore just drive them

going through the same thing as we speak,

Just spoke to a guy, Brad from Atomic performance 02 86655889 they have what you need...

MTQ don't have anything special, just standard bolts with a squash locking nut.. if its a pretty standard setup and doesn't see lots of heat should be ok tho.. otherwise try Atomic

The ones I got from MTQ are high tensile, highly heat resistant.

high tensile has nothing to do with heat resistance.

but like I said, if its not a track car and doesn't see prolonged crazy high temps they will be fine..:thumbsup:

Edited by tricstar

high tensile has nothing to do with heat resistance.

but like I said, if its not a track car and doesn't see prolonged crazy high temps they will be fine..:thumbsup:

+1

If you are changing them, you'd probably go the inconel ones regardless.

They are a bit more expensive but they will last the distance. It's not something you wanna do twice that's for sure

+1

If you are changing them, you'd probably go the inconel ones regardless.

They are a bit more expensive but they will last the distance. It's not something you wanna do twice that's for sure

I've just spent half an hour on google, with no joy, any idea where to get inconel bolts in australia ??

Thanks heaps for the info guys just wondering if anyone has got the studs of approx 60mm length?

Im just going off what I hae been told does this seem correct length im assuming factory is 40mm so makes sense.

Im looking for inconel bolts and lock nuts for my own 3071 spacer set up,iirc the studs need to be about 50 - 60 mm and the thread pitch is m10 x 1.5 I cannot seem to locate the studs anywhere, pm me if you know where I can source the studs as im tired of tightening the existing arp studs about once every few months

thanks in advance

Edited by aerofocker