SAU Community

Sohc Rb30 R33 Project

Hey, I originally had this setup in my R31 but decided it was time to upgrade and get something with better handling, so stripped the r31 and scrapped it.. Got offered my mates S1 gunmetal grey 33 for a price I couldn't refuse so I pick that up in 3 weeks...

Currently it just has intercooler, Hiflow turbo, 3" exhaust, microtech ect and puts out 180rwkw... But I want more....

So against all the haters on here about SOHC, I'm putting my setup into it cause it's already done, and itll be abit different...

So this stuff is what's going into it:

Engine Type: rb30et

Exhaust: gt3582r, 38mm wastegate, himount steampipe heatwrapped and ceramic coated manifold.

Intake: JPC plenum, 880cc injectors, XF throttle body.

Head: ported, wade 1147c camshaft, machined lifter blocks, crow double valve springs.

Block: ACL Race main and rod bearings, hypatec pistons, moly rings, ARP head studs and rod bolts.

Gearbox: r33 5 speed, 4puk brass button clutch with solid centre.

Interior: standard apart from water temp, oil pressure, and boost gauges, haltech duel stage shiftlight, switches for line lockers, ecu and ign power, and isolation switch.

Other Mods: 2L surge tank, twin Bosch 044 pumps, rising rate reg, remote oil filter and cooler, power steering cooler.

Setup is good enough for 350rwkw on 20psi.

It's just a streeter and drifter for now until I can get cage installed, then I'm going to do some hill climbs aswell..

I'll post up pics once I start getting some progress and pick up the car..

Don't really have any pics yet cause I haven't picked up the 33. I can put some up of the parts tho I guess lol..

Yeah it should be fine in the 33, I just have to make sure I stick to it.. This motor has been mounted in the r31, a 180sx a VL and now goin in this.