SAU Community

r34 prices set to drop?

What's the consensus? I don't know about you but 35-40k for a 5 to 6 year old GT-T's is a bit much, will we be looking at mid to high 20's within a year? (I think so).

I just can't help but notice that r34's don't seem to sell at 35k, even nicely tricked out ones.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the consensus? I don't know about you but 35-40k for a 5 to 6 year old GT-T's is a bit much, will we be looking at mid to high 20's within a year? (I think so).

I just can't help but notice that r34's don't seem to sell at 35k, even nicely tricked out ones.

I think you are dreaming a bit if you think the GT-T will be in the mid to high 20's withina year! best example is to see what happens with the rest of the models over the years and their rate of affordability (I don't believe skylines depreciate!! IMO, this is a term for the local rep mobiles...) :)

You have to think that the R34 was the least produced model, only manufactured for 3 years or so, so there aren't as many of them as R33's. They will hold there value pretty well atleast over the next 3-4 years, or until they change the import regs again.

And look at it this way. Most of the people on this forum can't afford one. There's heaps less of them and there are heaps less people who both like them and can afford them.

If I were selling mine I would have to realise that I'm selling to a very small market which is, geographically speaking, spread over a very large area. Not an easy thing to do.

i'd like to think they wont drop to 20's within a year, but with insurance being a bitch, increased police awareness of performance cars in general, the 15 yr old rule still undecided and compliance seemingly being difficult for under 15yr old models - i think its a difficult thing to predict.

what is obvious to me is that with the under 15yr old rule, of cars needing to be returned to stock, a nicely modded import *should* hold its value...but again thats being sceptacle...

I think like the others have said.. those that want to pay $35k for an import are few.. and getting smaller.

Even selling a fairly tricked up R33 at $20k or so can be difficult, as there are too many tight asses around these days who want the car but don't want to pay the costs.

I'm with 'Bob...the reason the prices seem to be dropping is the fact people just won't front the cash...forcing some poor buggers to drop the price and lose too much money on them. I say stand your ground if you sell....if someone wants a 34 bad enough they'll pay the money :P *evil laugh*

And if the prices did fall that much I'll keep my one to give to my *future* kids...they'll own a cool old-school turbo...ahhh it'lll be a classic :D

i have a friend that is offering to buy my R34 for about $34k but i was hoping to get around $38k and he was telling me that if i sold it for that much it will take a while for it to sell, but looking at the market prices that are going for R34's they are arounda $38-40k but ive seen some R34's that have taken ages to sell aswell

:)

can anyone in australia comply er34's yet? and how much are you spending on a GTT?

as for the bnr34 look front bar for the er34....australia is crap! can't do anything with any australian bodykit place as they are all copiers!!! anyways, from japan East Bear and West Yokohama both make "GTR look" front bars for the ER34.

but for the er34 i like the Top Secret (biased :)), Impul or a HKS Kansai GTR "looking" front bar and bonnet...i've got pictures of each in my hyperrev mag if you want me to scan them in...

Hehe, sure I'd love an r34! But I see them on sale for 35k and they're nice r34's and they don't sell, and I bet these guys bought them for around 40k+ a year or so ago, and they're looking at selling them for probably around 32k realistically, so like 8 grand depreciation is a lot for a year or however long they had it. I mean you gotta think that they'll drop to r33 prices sooner or later, probably much sooner, and I mean low 20's. I mean look at a 97 series 2, you can pick up a nice one for low 20's, r34's started in 98 and they're expected to stay around 35k, I don't think so, these cars aren't getting any newer, sooner or later that gap is going to evaporate.

I just feel like if you paid 35k now for one that they'll be a tonne of them on the market in 2 years, the 34 will be the new 33 and every man and his dog will have one (despite their being less of them made) and they'll be going for like 22k, so like you'll lose 12 grand on it in 2 years, which is a lot I think. So that's putting me off getting one, that and the high insurance and the fact half the r34's owners make it sounds like you can't leave your car out of your site for five minutes;)

All the same, I'd love to have one:P

Actually, i think the price is guaranteed to drop at least in2 the high 20z within a year.

a: About 6-12 months ago the GT-T was goin for about 38-42 stockish.

b: More recently they're goin for 30 to 35

so id say they'll drop to about 28-30 at least within a year.

u can get aus delivered s15s for the 30K mark these days.

Just remember where the R34 sits in relation in Nissan's scheme of things and that is the prestige GT car.. so damn what. Skylines are much nicer cars than any silvia. Performance wise, ok, maybe similar, but its not always performance with any car.