SAU Community

Oh R32 Reverse light, why do you shit me so?

Well both my reverse lights are cracked, and I have replacement ones coming from japan, so I figured I'd mutilate my existing ones for fun (seeing as they have no other use).

But to my dismay the damned thing is being quite a Elizabethan Boudoir Tramp to take apart.

I've tried soaking in hot water, and using a heatgun (but not long enough to screw up the plastic). But it still refuses to come off...

I have attached pics... help me if you can.

How do I take the glass off the plastic backing there's clearly 2 pieces the glass piece and the plastic housing,(and possibly a metallic reflector inside). How do I take the glass/plastic piece off the housing?

If u dont need the light itself rest the plastic bit u want on a towel then goto it with a hammer then if there are lil bits left go to it with a chisel or screwdriver... be carful sorry thats my only solution.

Michael

well yes I don't need it, but I don't wanna shatter the whole thing to a million pieces either.

And silver gts-t... read what I posted in my first post, I have one coming from japan, but I wanna take this apart.

Just help me take it apart guys, without breaking anything.