SAU Community

Rb25 Inlet

AAA34T

i was doing some research into using an inlet top section from an r34de neo witch has the two inlet pipes will it bolt up and will it make a difference on an rb25det neo. I know i will loose the traction control. but will it flow more air than the standard inlet on the rb25det due to the two inlet pipes. Does anyone know the throttle body size on the rb25de neo or is there another one that flows better. I do not want the aftermarket one that is like the gtr and connects the pipe behind the headlight. i want to keep it over the top of the motor. any ideas welcome or am i just wasting my time. i just thought i am changing injectors soon so try upgrade inlet why its off.

thanks guys

Hi once the injectors go in the z32 afm gets fitted and the nistune gets fitted and tuned. I have got the 300zx turbo that came reccomended from garrett and they told me to only run it on very low boost because of the mutch higher turbo comp rate so right now its doing 5 psi witch I worked out to be the same as the standard turbos 12psi. If I try to run any more it leans out. I have got this weird thing where if I need to remove a part I might as well try to upgrade it. On the dyno standard made 115kw atw and now with this turbo at 5psi a fmic pod coils 3inch turbo back and walbro pump and adj petrop reg we dynoed it at 186kwatw the it started to lean out and I was told to do the injectors afm and nistune and should be good for something like 250atw to 280atw I will be happy with tha.so I might get the rb25de inlet send it off and have twin throttle boddies put on anyway then use a y pipe to join them back together I think it will look hot and max flow

Unless the turbo has been highflowed it will not make enough power to require new injectors and afm. If you want 280kw don't waste money on changing your inlet manifold get a better turbo such as a Gt3076 or a Hypergear built one.

Good quality inlet plenums have been proved to marginally improve talk and response but like kiwi said there is no point as standard is good to low to mid three hundreds with no problems can i see dyno sheet of 186 on 5 pounds ???

Good quality inlet plenums have been proved to marginally improve talk and response but like kiwi said there is no point as standard is good to low to mid three hundreds with no problems can i see dyno sheet of 186 on 5 pounds ???

[/quote

i asked for the dyno sheet but sas did not give me one they were pricks to work with at that shop what made it worse the standard pump could not keep up on the dyno so they were charging me while i changed it on the dyno and put the pressure reg it only took me an hour and they charged me $85 for holding them up that was nothing major then i had a arguement with the guy so i took my car out of there and wont go back. garret was saying something about the comp rate is almost twice that of the standard turbo. another mate with a ser 2 aswell got 250kw atw i am seeing him next week and will get his sheet or just speak to sss auto at blacktown they organised the turbo and did his own stagea first.

ok fine i will just leave the inlet. i saw it done on a vl last month with a rb25det and a mother of a turbo sitting out the bonnett and it looked hot.i was like a little kid and wanted it.

The VG single turbo has the same OP6 turbine housing that you already have on a neo RB25 but a smaller compressor (about RB20 sized comp from memory). Good luck with making more power than the stock turbo with one.

The stock turbo with aftermarket engine management, 3" exhaust FMIC and about 12psi will max out around 200rwkw (+/- 10kw)