SAU Community

ROH Drift R wheels

HSVKLR

Hey guys, keen in getting a set of these rims but have a few questions:

* Where can i buy a set in Sydney?

* How much would a set of 17x8s retails for?

* Would 17x8 fit under my 2inches lowered R32?

* Any recommendations on some good rubber to get? Ive been told Falken make some good high performance tyres.

* What profile rubber would i need? Ive currently got 225/50 16inch but would like to jump to 235/? Would 235 wide rubber fit beneath my guards?

Any help is much appreciated.

I'd go 235/40ZR/17 Falken Azenis or if your on a budget, FK451's

*maybe* 245's if they'll fit (though not sure about that one)

They should fit on your R32 however you can always get the guards rolled. Unique Autosports have a proper guard rolling tool to do the job properly

hope that helps

Ive been looking for the same wheels for my R32. The best price i could find for 17*8 was $1690 with cheap tyres, cant remember the brand now. This was in Adelaide though. 18's were $2500 with cheap tyres $3500 with expencive tyres.

Mate try Big O tyres in moorebank

$1450 for 17x8 front and rear or $2000 for 17x8 front and 17x9 rear

come with Kumho ecsta tyres.

I'll be getting mine in there in two weeks!

Gonna be putting on my black 32 that has been dropped one and a half inches, should look sweet!!

17 x 8 will easy fit even go 18 should have no trouble 2 inches lower should not even be sitting under the guards dont go tempe tyres heard from alot of people that they are a bit dodgy tried to get these myself but i dont think they are made in 4 stud i got a 31 so i got the replica made by performance i love em

* Where can i buy a set in Sydney?

just about anywhere! tempe tyres, ozzy tyres, australias best, that place on the hume highway west strathfield where the purple r34 gtt "MOOOVE" sits out the front all day showing off its bling-ada-blings off....

* How much would a set of 17x8s retails for?

how long is a piece of string?

* Would 17x8 fit under my 2inches lowered R32?

yes.

* Any recommendations on some good rubber to get? Ive been told Falken make some good high performance tyres.

it depends on what you want them fo? do you want a set of tyres that will last you a long time? do you want grip in the wet and dry? do you want grip on a circuit? do you want grip on the drag strip? do you want a combination of all of them? (sorry can't do it hahah) basically, prepare to compromise on one thing if you want another.

i've been using toyo trampios r1r's for about 15,000 km's now and i am very happy with them. they have tremendous grip, because they are a hybrid rspec and street tyre, whilst they have relatively good tyre wear given the nature of the compound.

* What profile rubber would i need? Ive currently got 225/50 16inch but would like to jump to 235/? Would 235 wide rubber fit beneath my guards?

you'd probably need to drop your profile down to about 45 for a 17" wheel as for your width id say this depends on your offset? but im unsure...

Thanks guys for the great help!

I basically want a set of rubber that performs well in the dry so something soft like the Falken Azenis is what im after or the equivalent from another brand.

Are these tyres like driving on ice in the wet? Ive had a look at the tread and there aint a lot of water drainage grooves on them!!

Try Gordan Leven Tyres, they are SAU NSW club sponsors too :D you'll need to show your card at the counter before they give you the discount though!

Number is 02 4735 4500 and ask for Sean.

Dan.