SAU Community

M35 Axis Won't Start

SinStag

Hi guys, I've been reading on here for the last 3 days trying to find a reason why my Axis won't start. it has similar symptoms to 3pointJ who's also posted on here, I started the car as normal one morning.. 5 secs later it turned itself off... now it just won't start. I've tried resetting the ecu (although didnt check for fault codes), I've taken the AFM plug out and tried to start with no joy and I've disconnected the battery for a full day and still no luck. there is 3/4 tank of premium in it and it was serviced not too long ago. I did have a problem a few months back where it stalled randomly and wouldnt kick over right away. after turning off and turning back on again it started but took longer cranking to get there. since then it has taken this same longer amount of time to start but has always started. I took it to my mechanic to get it repaired but he couldnt figure it out, would it be better going to an auto elec? seeing the car is basically a computer with an engine and wheels..

any thoughts?

cheers for any help

Joel

So its cranking over fine? If theres no spark it could be the crank or cam sensors playing up but without the error codes it can be difficult to diagnose.

If you want a quick fix get it towed to Nissan, if you have an import freindly one locally, otherwise we could work you through the basics. If youre in NSW drop in and see Jetwreck, he had similar issues.

Hi guys, I've been reading on here for the last 3 days trying to find a reason why my Axis won't start. it has similar symptoms to 3pointJ who's also posted on here, I started the car as normal one morning.. 5 secs later it turned itself off... now it just won't start. I've tried resetting the ecu (although didnt check for fault codes), I've taken the AFM plug out and tried to start with no joy and I've disconnected the battery for a full day and still no luck. there is 3/4 tank of premium in it and it was serviced not too long ago. I did have a problem a few months back where it stalled randomly and wouldnt kick over right away. after turning off and turning back on again it started but took longer cranking to get there. since then it has taken this same longer amount of time to start but has always started. I took it to my mechanic to get it repaired but he couldnt figure it out, would it be better going to an auto elec? seeing the car is basically a computer with an engine and wheels..

any thoughts?

cheers for any help

Joel

try this.....make sure you have a good charge on the battery......crank it on the starter about 10 times.....if it starts it may be the CAS.......it does sound like one of your 3 sensors are gone. Is the car giving error #'s on the CEL.

Your near Prestons aye?

Edited by Jetwreck

yeah i'd say try the battery also, even though my battery seemed alright and was still holding charge it had dropped to about 200CCA and caused headaches trying to start it especially when the car was warm already.

Hi guys, thanks for your replies. I hope its not the battery, I've got an optima yellow top in there and its only been a year.

I have been hesitant to crank it too much, I've read this can be bad for the starter and will shorten its already short life. I'll give it a go in the morning and see what happens. Will also see if she spits out any codes at the same time. Will be my first time reading codes, hope I'm accurate.

Yep, prestons is just a stones throw away from me. I'll let you know how she goes tomorrow.

Thanks again

Ok so I got some codes:

0335 - crank position sensor A circuit malfunction.

0340 - cam position sensor circuit malfunction

Are these the sensors you were talking about Jetwreck? Will these need to be replaced then? If so which are the best import friendly dealers I can get these from? Would these be a DIY job or best for a pro to do?

Sorry for the barrage of questions lol

Ok so I got some codes:

0335 - crank position sensor A circuit malfunction.

0340 - cam position sensor circuit malfunction

Are these the sensors you were talking about Jetwreck? Will these need to be replaced then? If so which are the best import friendly dealers I can get these from? Would these be a DIY job or best for a pro to do?

Sorry for the barrage of questions lol

Joel......give me a call when you can.

• 2 years later...