SAU Community

Today/tonight Tagerting Car Lovers.

R TUNE

For those that watched today tonight, tonight (24-1-12).

What a bloody joke. cops RTA EPA set up A RBT to catch moded cars, and rome thestreets to catch said cars.

Fair enough if your car is not legal, but the way today tonight promoted thestory was along the lines of these words. 'these so called car enthusiasts withtheir moded cars........... I cant rember the rest and nothing is up on YouTubeyet.

Sorry for being so vague but didn’t get to catch the whole story. Anyone elsesee it.

They got nothing better to put on their show mate

Yes they are F%ck wits

Yes they will blow even the smallest argument out of proportion

and yes this is why anyone with half a brain doesnt watch this crap

Edited by GTR_JOEY

I actually start to feel my IQ lowering when I am forced to watch these shows

Yea "forced" lol

seriously these shows are for old people who really have nothing better to do then have a whinge...

sounds like my Mrs grandparents :rofl2:

exactly, or a good laugh. some of the stories are that far beyond "OMG stupid" that they can only be a joke. just dont pay any real attention to either of these (or most comercial TV news for that matter) and you will be a happier person for it...and as mentioned above, prob save a few brain cells in the proccess......and they say drugs are bad for you.....

Same in the ACT. Local authorities have been TOLD to target HPI looking vehicles. Stats are down so they've been told the quotas.

Been going through the Carparks again targetting HPI looking cars. Same with the cops on the radars and breathalysers.

Both myself and my housemate have been done in the last week. R33 and R34.

At least they can do is say its not a rbt i pulled u over coz u drive a skyline..

Today at caroline springs i saw a cop in his marked car full on look at me and i looked back lol in my r33 with green ps i was like f**k im gonna get pulled over and i didn't :)

this has been all over the car forums today and it was heartening to know people are paying attention and ready to defend themselves, the problem is as stupid as the show is it does influence a huge cross section of the population and when they slant stories in a certain light it puts more pressure on authorities to make life harder for the average car enthusiast. ie biased articles (telegraph is guilty of it too) force the cops to act and come down hard on the more innocent majority of performance car drivers.

was thinking though, i wonder how many of the reporters/staffers cars would pass a strict defect station? Anyone up for heading to the respective offices of ACA and today tonight and doing a comparo to see who fares better?

And 30 years ago it was guys in HQ holdens, XA falcons, Toranas and RX3's getting the same biased treatment. There just werent as many internet forums in those days to spread the news.

I was targeted for driving a modified 180B in the late 80's - at the time I thought it was police harrassment. Now I realise it's because I drove like a dickhead.

And 30 years ago it was guys in HQ holdens, XA falcons, Toranas and RX3's getting the same biased treatment. There just werent as many internet forums in those days to spread the news.

I was targeted for driving a modified 180B in the late 80's - at the time I thought it was police harrassment. Now I realise it's because I drove like a dickhead.

There probably wasnt any internet forums 30 years ago :thumbsup: sorry had to say it lol

180B those things are collectors piece now days , rotaries have always had it tuff i remember they use to be out cruising around these days the only place i really see them is at the creek so i guess things have changed