SAU Community

Had An Accident Today - No Insurance

Equilibrise

youre obligated to tell them, also if you dont and you try to claim, its called insurance fraud

True, but I think they were meaning get it insured now and fix it without claiming for this unisured accident. At least I hope so....

Doesn't matter Leon, they'll use it as an excuse to deny any future claims if they find out.

Always had a low opinion on the insurance industry, its worse now that woman has been telling me stories...

Always had a low opinion on the insurance industry

Me too. I don't think I've ever had a good experience, or even what I'd consider to be a fair outcome.

No, wait, I tell a lie. About 14 yrs ago someone hit my wife's car & it was fixed satisfactorily with minimal stuffing around. So that's once out of numerous dealings (not only cars)...

I guess it depends on the insurance company. whistling.gif

Only issue with my claim was that the assessor took 1.5 weeks too long to get out and assess my Stagea (it was located ~1hr outside the Melbourne Metro area)

Other than that, Shannon's have been awesome (friendly, attentive and very quick to pay out in my case).

Only issue with my claim was that the assessor took 1.5 weeks too long to get out and assess my Stagea (it was located ~1hr outside the Melbourne Metro area)

Drives me nuts with stuff like this. Friend of mine had his window smashed and his stereo stolen once. Took them a week to get to him. Middle of winter and he needed his car as a daily, he replaced the window and cleaned up the glass. Assessor was suss about him as he had no proof of the smashed window. Do they not realise that the alternative is them paying for a whole new interior and cab rides for a week? :rolleyes: