SAU Community

300Kw Unopened 25 Club...

I dont think going over 400 rwmoves you from the club.... it just gives you the VIP pass

Lol well i wont say i didnt try ;) But happy to stay with you guise :wub:

Must really be wringing that 3076Rs neck though the external gate and manifold would make all the difference over an IW version and OE cast manifold .

I can't keep traction in the dry (1st or 2nd) with th poor little GTRS and 271 Kw and I though those 245/45 Mitchy Pilot Super Sports would be grippier .

I'm interested to hear what people think are the best all round , most responsive I suppose , 300 Kw capable turbos on engines with the best help ie cams and E70/E85 fuels . Those 2835 Pros sound like a good fit particularly if they came with everything to make them fit . I envy Wolverine for having the chance to try both . I know he sometimes misses the low down poke of the GTRS but thats a choice I guess you make if aiming for 290-300 wasps .

A .

Must really be wringing that 3076Rs neck though the external gate and manifold would make all the difference over an IW version and OE cast manifold .

I'm interested to hear what people think are the best all round , most responsive I suppose , 300 Kw capable turbos on engines with the best help ie cams and E70/E85 fuels . Those 2835 Pros sound like a good fit particularly if they came with everything to make them fit . I envy Wolverine for having the chance to try both . I know he sometimes misses the low down poke of the GTRS but thats a choice I guess you make if aiming for 290-300 wasps .

I have been saying it for years now, but I will say it again - I think the GT3076R HTA from Forced Performance is practically made for an RB25 without it being deliberate.

Christ, where do I start listing the advantages over the typical choices used on RB25s. Lets use the cast wheel GT3076R as a comparison, which is proven overall to be a good match for a stock RB25 road car to all but the scarediest of punters:

- 56 trim GT3076R compressor wheel is 30% heavier - HTA should give better transient response, less load on the engine exhaust to drive the compressor which can effect EBP and therefore safety for engine, turbo, and potentially help power

- Smaller hub (several mm) / thinner blades mean more air moved through the same surface area. ie, more airflow for an given aero design, more air moved for given shaft rpm (more + for response here), just generally better for moving air.

- Better aerodynamics, basically can help response (building boost pressure) and flow

- Bigger compressor cover with some sneaky porting (so I am told) to help with the efficiency theme

- HTA compressor wheel has a smaller inducer, lower trim - aka better surge resistance, better spool for exducer size (ignoring mass and aero)

- HTA compressor wheel exducer is no larger (vs GTX and other power upgrade options) which means that the whole rotating assembly can potentially get to higher rpm without certain speed of sound related issues which impede flow, also the higher speed the compressor can spin to the higher speed the turbine can spin to, which effectively increases the turbine efficiency

Net effect is a turbo which on a dyno should show AT WORST no more lag over a GT3076R (potential for less) under steady load and a transient response more like a cast GT3071R, which can flow more like a GTX3076R and have a turbine which can effectively flow (due to the combination of the bunch) better than a GT30 would with an inferior wheel match.

20c says that as soon as someone FINALLY gets one on an RB25 and a decent tune on it, whether it is just a stock RB25 with basic boltons, or a full house one pushing the thing hard - it will be a very decent result.

The pro s still has plenty of low down poke. Mine is happily making 200kw at 4k and is @20psi by around 3250rpm. For some reason it is appearing to nose over a bit up top (277kw on 98, will find out later what it can do on meth)

We did have a bit of a knock problem which the meth has totally eliminated so I am making progress. I am hoping we can utilize the meth the lean it out a bit, play with the timing and hopefully the numbers will start to climb.

I know the potential is there, look at Hamish's e85 numbers, and our setup is very similar. We do have our suspicions that the engine is getting a little tired so will do a comp test.

We will work it out

I have been saying it for years now, but I will say it again - I think the GT3076R HTA from Forced Performance is practically made for an RB25 without it being deliberate.

Christ, where do I start listing the advantages over the typical choices used on RB25s. Lets use the cast wheel GT3076R as a comparison, which is proven overall to be a good match for a stock RB25 road car to all but the scarediest of punters:

- 56 trim GT3076R compressor wheel is 30% heavier - HTA should give better transient response, less load on the engine exhaust to drive the compressor which can effect EBP and therefore safety for engine, turbo, and potentially help power

- Smaller hub (several mm) / thinner blades mean more air moved through the same surface area. ie, more airflow for an given aero design, more air moved for given shaft rpm (more + for response here), just generally better for moving air.

- Better aerodynamics, basically can help response (building boost pressure) and flow

- Bigger compressor cover with some sneaky porting (so I am told) to help with the efficiency theme

- HTA compressor wheel has a smaller inducer, lower trim - aka better surge resistance, better spool for exducer size (ignoring mass and aero)

- HTA compressor wheel exducer is no larger (vs GTX and other power upgrade options) which means that the whole rotating assembly can potentially get to higher rpm without certain speed of sound related issues which impede flow, also the higher speed the compressor can spin to the higher speed the turbine can spin to, which effectively increases the turbine efficiency

Net effect is a turbo which on a dyno should show AT WORST no more lag over a GT3076R (potential for less) under steady load and a transient response more like a cast GT3071R, which can flow more like a GTX3076R and have a turbine which can effectively flow (due to the combination of the bunch) better than a GT30 would with an inferior wheel match.

20c says that as soon as someone FINALLY gets one on an RB25 and a decent tune on it, whether it is just a stock RB25 with basic boltons, or a full house one pushing the thing hard - it will be a very decent result.

For those that read this and wonder IF it could really be, could all this be true? Or is Lithium just rambling shit? Here is the answer -

• Like 1

Here is R34geeTeeTee's new FP HTA GT3076R results overlaid with his old GT3076R result shouldn't need to explain which is which ;)

post-11136-0-86962400-1369387254_thumb.png

So people have targetted 200rwkw by 4000rpm as being a benchmark for a good street RB25 - this exceeds that by over 30kw, and manages to also supply 390rwkw on 24psi. Where's that cake?

post-11136-0-81649200-1369387450_thumb.png

Holy shit that thing spools so fast and just keeps revving! Got a dyno printout?

Just to confirm are you running the FP 3076R?

Yep, The one i have been hiding for the last 6 weeks from you guys :P

whats with you and turbos falling off up top.. hold that 28 baby all the way to make 400!

FP recommends it, not sure i understand it yet but i will learn ;) And im more than happy with my 391 haha

I think it spikes a little because the waste gates slow? Not really sure. I think lithium is right. All I know it says hks on the rear and garret on the front. Either way it's a good combination.

The pro s still has plenty of low down poke. Mine is happily making 200kw at 4k and is @20psi by around 3250rpm. For some reason it is appearing to nose over a bit up top (277kw on 98, will find out later what it can do on meth)

We did have a bit of a knock problem which the meth has totally eliminated so I am making progress. I am hoping we can utilize the meth the lean it out a bit, play with the timing and hopefully the numbers will start to climb.

I know the potential is there, look at Hamish's e85 numbers, and our setup is very similar. We do have our suspicions that the engine is getting a little tired so will do a comp test.

We will work it out

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's almost the same power as mine made on Jez's dyno with 98ron so it must be there or thereabouts. Comparing it to a different dyno in a different state might be bit hit and miss.

Holy shit that thing spools so fast and just keeps revving! Got a dyno printout?

Just to confirm are you running the FP 3076R?

Yep, The one i have been hiding for the last 6 weeks from you guys :P

Sonofabitch! Glad you got such a good result mate, now you just need to get your ass to a texi and drive it.

Sonofabitch! Glad you got such a good result mate, now you just need to get your ass to a texi and drive it.

Lol go back through the threads and you will see so many comments from me in the last 6-8 weeks about HTA turbos :P Anyway, it was an epic result and i think a good benchmark for the street warrior we all want! Can do track, drag and street no problem... Oh and the biggest thing is, the car looks and sounds stock!