SAU Community

M35 Cruise Control And Trip Computer

Aaron S

My M35 has what i think is factory cruise it is in the steering wheel etc, however when i turn it on it beeps at me, but doesn't work.

the 2nd issue i have is the trip computer/economy info in the pop up screen doesn't work.

i though maybe they both recieved their signal from the same sensor or something.

would appreciate anyone's input..

Cheers

Throw a pic of your grille up on the forum, that will either confirm or eliminate the existence of factory cruise.

Has your car had its instrument cluster changed?

Throw a pic of your grille up on the forum, that will either confirm or eliminate the existence of factory cruise.

Has your car had its instrument cluster changed?

i don't know, i haven't long had it, and only registered it last week. however there are 2 types of cruise radar aren't there? there is the radar looking thing behind the grille, and then there is the radar in the centre of the grille?

this is the best pic i have at the moment

post-12375-0-48066200-1327736006_thumb.jpg

it has radar cruise!

try cleaning the black square around the nissan badge.

if all of the information is showing up as stars, then someone has swapped out the instrument cluster for a non-navi one.

if its showing something else, then there is another issue.

i have a spare navi instrument cluster if you want it, got 106k on the clock

nothing comes up on the cluster at all, it just throws one beep

how does changing the cluster affect it?

there are funny scratches all over the "radar" section, is it supposed to have a badge?

any clues on the trip computer info?

Aaron, there were two (or at least two) versions of the cluster. One for cars with the TV screen, one for those without.

If you've got a cluster for a car without the TV screen, it won't display the economy data, just stars. If you've got the right cluster, economy data will work fine.

I think the part numbers are on here if you want them, I know the Nismo one is. Otherwise I'll pick up my spare cluster tonight and get you the part number.

• 2 weeks later...

ohh right i understand, are the clusters difficult to get out? i will have trouble changing my cluster as no one will have one even close to the amount of km's i have...lol however that would make sense beacuse my car seems too clean for the km's it has on it.

would be great if you could give me that part number ryan, then i can confirm if that is what is wrong.

as for my cruise control, i found that the fuse for the radar had been removed, so with that in it works great.....for about 5 mins and then it disengages/ turn the car off, then go again.....and it works again.

any ideas........

Cheers

Aaron

as for my cruise control, i found that the fuse for the radar had been removed, so with that in it works great.....for about 5 mins and then it disengages/ turn the car off, then go again.....and it works again.

any ideas........

Cheers

Aaron

Try cleaning both sides of the radar lens. That's most probably why the fuse was pulled. Is it every 5 minutes or more random. Mine shuts down on a bend if it sees an on coming car also.

ohh right i understand, are the clusters difficult to get out? i will have trouble changing my cluster as no one will have one even close to the amount of km's i have...lol however that would make sense beacuse my car seems too clean for the km's it has on it.

would be great if you could give me that part number ryan, then i can confirm if that is what is wrong.

any ideas........

Cheers

Aaron

Howany k"s you got on the clock mate. I have a oem navi cluster with 148### spare

iv got 170 on the clock and it's an rx

where is the part number located, ie how much disasembly is required?

as for the cruise control as far as i can see so far it is a time thing, of about 5 mins.

even if you aren't using the cruise control, but it is on, it will deactivate after the 5 mins, this is made obvious by sounding the same beep as it was before when it had no fuse.

where are you located josh?