SAU Community

Rota Grid Fitment On R33

sky017

hi guys ,

im looking at purchasing the following in 19's for my r33 gtst . just wondering if any one has fitted anything similar in 19 ,iv looked around on sau and google to try find as much info but its limited. im just wondering will 19s be acceptable or is 18s better, im also after an agressive fitment , any recomendations with offset etc as i think they have a few different sets going around on ebay . any info would be appreciated

http://www.ebay.com....=item1e6a5c7fb1

Edited by sky017

go 18s, im running rota grids 17*9 on front +5offset plus 25mm extended LCA so prob be around -10 to -15 and 17*9.5 on rear +12 front and rear guards have been pumped out so depending what guardwork you want will determine what offset you get.

thanks for the reply.

do you think 19s will be too big , i was thinking 18s but i thought i want something bigger as iv never had 19s on any of my cars. do you think i should order 9.5 all around , or go 9.5 and 10 ? i was thinking if i got 9.5 all around , i could always use spacers later if i wanted more or an agressive fit

I say go 18s because in my opinion on r33 guards 18s are the biggest id go and anything bigger doesnt suit it but up to your personal preference. Id go staggered 9.5 front and 10 on the rear itll look good.

And what wrong with rotas? just one of those people that hears a story about someone saying there shit and they brake so you just keep spreading it? I know alot of people using the rims and have no problems with them. Not everyone can justify spending 3-4k on jap rims when you can spend that money on something else more important.

boostn0199 - thanks for the postive comment , yes i agree 3- 4k on wheels is unjustifiable in my eyes . so would this be the correct offset to suit front 9.5 +20 , and rear 10 +10

iv been a bit apprehensive about buying them until i know the right fitment , iv never really sourced wheels my self other then going to a tyre place , i think the rotas look good and bang for buck

boostn0199 - thanks for the postive comment , yes i agree 3- 4k on wheels is unjustifiable in my eyes . so would this be the correct offset to suit front 9.5 +20 , and rear 10 +10

iv been a bit apprehensive about buying them until i know the right fitment , iv never really sourced wheels my self other then going to a tyre place , i think the rotas look good and bang for buck

The fronts will need a rolled at that offset and maybe tiny flare but probably should get away but rears will need a roll and flare. The way I ,measured to get the rims perfect were basically just played around with old rims and spacers and washers to simulate the new rims specs and see how they sit.

Get these sizes so I can laugh thumbsup.gif

• 1 year later...

hi guys ,

im looking at purchasing the following in 19's for my r33 gtst . just wondering if any one has fitted anything similar in 19 ,iv looked around on sau and google to try find as much info but its limited. im just wondering will 19s be acceptable or is 18s better, im also after an agressive fitment , any recomendations with offset etc as i think they have a few different sets going around on ebay . any info would be appreciated

http://www.ebay.com....=item1e6a5c7fb1

did you end up getting these? I'm looking at the same wheels now but I'm worried about them clearing the brakes, they would be getting posted from the other side of australia so i don't want to have to pay postage if i have to send them back

• 2 weeks later...
Everyone always talks about sizes and offsets but the amount of camber you run is just as important for fitment.

How much negative camber are you running and wheel & tire size? You're a GTST right?

About 1.5 degrees. I like to keep plenty of rubber on the road. I have 19 x 9.5 with higher offset (+35, maybe, unsure) Buddy Club P1's. I'm not much for tight fittment though.

Edited by GotsWapan