SAU Community

Recommend Me A Pre Purchase Inspection Mob

Booki

After a bit of searching, I can't find any current information about who to take a car to if i wanted to get it pre purchased inspected.

Has anybody done one recently?

If so how was it?

How much?

And what was the car you got inspected?

I personally am i looking at R33 GTR's.

find an import mechanic (with good reputation) close to the seller and drop it off there.

Although they may not pick up the dents, scratches or resprays but they will know what to look for on the mechanical sides

I wouldnt get a generic tester like them half the blokes don't know anything about skylines/imports

yeah you prob should take to a mechanical work shop to just go over mechanicals..after all if it looks straight jsut how bad can it be..

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/234895-dont-buy-this-1993-r33-gts-t/

racepace

racepace

did i mention racepace?

they did compression test full body and mechanical check and dyno run for a very good pricing. chris is attention to detail

I had a mixed response from Stateroads. They picked up a lot of good 'generic car' stuff and was very helpful. However, they couldn't pick a backyard NA+T job over a GTT (neither could I, I was new to it all).

Would recommend taking it to a workshop as well as stateroads, if you know the car has mods/has been modded to get a 2nd opinion.

I had a mixed response from Stateroads. They picked up a lot of good 'generic car' stuff and was very helpful. However, they couldn't pick a backyard NA+T job over a GTT (neither could I, I was new to it all).

Would recommend taking it to a workshop as well as stateroads, if you know the car has mods/has been modded to get a 2nd opinion.

Go to a jap work shop but make sure you book your self a time and state that you want a FULL inspection, compression test, mechanical inspection and structural.

Ive been to two "reputable" workshops which i wont name, and they did a "inspection" on my car, one of them hardly looked at the car! So make sure whereever you take it, insist on full inspection, no cost spared!

Id be doing: compression test, check mechanical, lift it on hoyst and check under car, check for rust and prior accidents, dyno run etc

for things like that pretty sure fast will supply answers iirc

Thats the vibe i am getting from the quick search i did, although nothing really in concrete on the forum.

I was quoted $340 for a pre purchase inspection. Bit steep compared to chasers charging $120 + $40 for a leak down.

He said his pre purchase would tell me if it has been in a accident, compression test, leak down test, physical inspection, also the use of some camera that will give him a idea on how the engine is inside? (never heard of that before).

Said he would need it for a whole day too.

Man looking for a skyline that is well priced and in decent condition for the price is very hard...Then getting them RWC sounds like something only superman could achieve, with all the pods and exhausts that come standard on GTR's...maybe i should just look for another car all together!

The out come looks bleak fellas.. :(

a mate at work used stateroads i think... they sent him back a massive report detailing the scratches on the under trays and front bar.. even the amount of stone chips on the front bar..

Edited by RBPOWA-(TJ)

• 2 weeks later...

Thats the vibe i am getting from the quick search i did, although nothing really in concrete on the forum.

I was quoted $340 for a pre purchase inspection. Bit steep compared to chasers charging $120 + $40 for a leak down.

He said his pre purchase would tell me if it has been in a accident, compression test, leak down test, physical inspection, also the use of some camera that will give him a idea on how the engine is inside? (never heard of that before).

Said he would need it for a whole day too.

Man looking for a skyline that is well priced and in decent condition for the price is very hard...Then getting them RWC sounds like something only superman could achieve, with all the pods and exhausts that come standard on GTR's...maybe i should just look for another car all together!

The out come looks bleak fellas.. :(

Unfortunately Stateroads get a lot of good and bad reviews, however I have noticed that every year their price goes up. I paid $215 back in the day, I say it was worth it, however not so sure for $340 now especially with all the bad reviews coming around.

You will find a lot of good things about Chasers on this forum

PS. That little camera thing is just an inspection cam, you can pick one up for about $100 at Total tools, have one myself but it's a little disorienting when you get into things cause you don't know which way is up. It's cool though

Inspection%20camera.jpg