SAU Community

Hanaldo's R34 Gt(T) Skyline Build

My piping came with the Plazmaman kit, but that's because i ordered the cooler too as my old ARC was turn flow... the pipe is a bit ugly where it goes through the old battery tray, i have since seen another that actually had more and and went through about an inch lower and retained the standard battery without any issue... I know yours is in the boot so it wont matter, but it'd still give you a heap of room for your catch setup...

My piping came with the Plazmaman kit, but that's because i ordered the cooler too as my old ARC was turn flow... the pipe is a bit ugly where it goes through the old battery tray, i have since seen another that actually had more and and went through about an inch lower and retained the standard battery without any issue... I know yours is in the boot so it wont matter, but it'd still give you a heap of room for your catch setup...

Wait, I don't follow this part??

I'm not going to go through the battery tray, I'll be routing the piping back through the side where my original cooler piping went?

Hey, how sexy is the finish on those plenums.

I considered fixing mine to my bedroom ceiling as a mirror for a little while but the wife didn't go for it.

:laugh:

They are amazing hey, I love it.

Carn dude, get it running already! My trigger (camera) finger is getting itchy!! :P

Spewing about all those issues, hopefully it's not much longer. One of the problems with modifying a car to this level, unfortunately.

Should've bought a GTR.... ph34r.gif

Carn dude, get it running already! My trigger (camera) finger is getting itchy!! :P

Spewing about all those issues, hopefully it's not much longer. One of the problems with modifying a car to this level, unfortunately.

Dead right.

When you start running 75 odd psi in your fuel system, you want everything 100 %.

We had leaks on the first run and had to change all the seals on the injectors.

At least you are aware now of the issue of different injector and rail problems.

Not later when you're on the track, standing next to your car with an extinguisher.

Yeh in all honesty it could have been a hell of a lot worse, I was in a bad mood :P still annoyed but it's not the end of the world.

James, you and your GTR's can suck it! :P

Martin angry... MARTIN SMASH!! At least you live up to the name Thumper :P

James, you can't talk! You buy a car, stare at it in the garage, say "puurrty!!" then sell it for twice as much 3 days later!! Haha

Fark thst'd be nice... I spent 8k in prettying up my last 32 GTR...

edit: Pretty sure I drove my car far more than you did with yours.

Edited by 10 4

Aye, take it elsewhere ladies :P

Right, bit of an update. Didn't work on it as much as I hoped this weekend, I went down to Collie for Gazzanats today and need to do some other work tomorrow, so I'm afraid last night is all I'll get done this week. Responsibilities suck :( Anyway, I went and got the correct 200 series fittings from Go Gear yesterday, and I got round to rewiring the new injector plugs, so this is how things are looking now:

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

This one irks me a bit because I forgot to put the back piece of the fitting on, the piece that sits on the hose and makes it look neater. Of course once the hose goes on these damn fittings it isn't coming off again without cutting it. I do like the gauge though :D

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

Next step is plenum on. Right now it is still looking a bit busy on the intake side in the photos as I have all the wiring harnesses just sitting there, but I will clean that up a bit still so will look much better when the plenum goes on. The injector harness is a bit of an ugly shame, but not much I can do about that without making a nice neat new one from scratch. That's a job for another time, for now it isn't too bad. I also bought some bolts to finally finish off the washer bottle relocation, I just couldn't be bothered with the fiddly side of measuring/marking/drilling/etc. after the 7 hours of driving today, so I'll do that next time as well.

hey is that a 180degree bend in 200 series I spy... its looking good...

Id be cutting down the length of that fuel return line so it matches up with the rubber intake line and then cable tie them together for neatness.

maybe even making the rubber fine in line a tad shorter too..

The intake side on a rb25 is not easy thing to make look simple and tidy, once I put my forward facing plenum on I quickly was running out of room..

but I also dont have the original runners on like the plazmaman plenum does...

It was my daily for a year and a half!! Then I didn't drive it much...

How much of that will be covered with the plenum? Does it come over much? Does that make sense? It's 3:40am, and I rarely make sense this time of night...

Pretty much all of it, this is how it sits:

IMG_0145-2.jpg

It's hard to explain, but most of the wiring and hoses you can see in these pictures will be hidden. I can hide most of it underneath the plenum and between the runners. I'm also thinking about replacing and extending some of the hoses at the back of the motor so I can hide them.

hey is that a 180degree bend in 200 series I spy... its looking good...

Id be cutting down the length of that fuel return line so it matches up with the rubber intake line and then cable tie them together for neatness.

maybe even making the rubber fine in line a tad shorter too..

The intake side on a rb25 is not easy thing to make look simple and tidy, once I put my forward facing plenum on I quickly was running out of room..

but I also dont have the original runners on like the plazmaman plenum does...

It is indeed, I did a bit more research into it on Friday and found in the latest Speedflow catalog they listed the 180 degree 200 series hose end, so they must have released it after the others. It's also very very easy to put together by the way. Took me 2 minutes for each hose and I didn't struggle at all, it's much easier than the 100 series 'cutter' style. You can almost do the fitting up all the way by hand, so you can be very confident that you're not threading the fitting with a stray wire strand or anything like that.

With regards to the hoses, I'll be doing something like that for sure. Can't cable tie them together though, braided lines are pretty much like having a hack saw in your engine bay, anything they touch is going to get shredded if given the chance. But my auto sparky mate showed me a neat trick you can do with two cable ties to create an effective cable guide that keeps the hoses neat and close to each other, whilst at the same time keeping them apart from each other. If that makes sense? Haha. I'll also be using some P-Clamps to hold the braided line straight between the plenum and the fuel rail to make sure it doesn't scratch the finish on the rail. The braided hose also doesn't cross under the EFI hose anymore, I put the braided hose on before the EFI hose which is why they did that but I've since swapped them around so they are neater.

Unfortunately I cut the braided hose to length when I had the FPR mounted in a different spot. The EFI hose and the braided line were matching until I noticed the reg sits very close to the fuel dampener, meaning the return-to-tank line had to be very short and I was worried about it kinking, so I moved the reg and now the braided line is a bit long. I might still trim it down, but one problem is that the Plazmaman plenum angles down at the throttle body, so these hoses actually need a bit of length to 'dip-down' underneath. They are longer than needed for now, I was going to see how they went with the plenum on and then shorten if need be.

Hope that all makes sense haha, it's a bit hard to put into words :P

Did you get that hose sorted finally mate? I dont know what was going on with my phone.... Your reg is in the same spot so it should have been pretty much the same length of hose?? :D

Did you get that hose sorted finally mate? I dont know what was going on with my phone.... Your reg is in the same spot so it should have been pretty much the same length of hose?? :D

Haha pictures finally came through at 3am unsure.gif Lol. I get what you mean about the reg being pitched now, I'll have to give that a go but I'm not sure if it will pitch like that because of the braided line. Might be a good thing it has some extra length.

Oh sh*t! Oops... Damn phone!! >_< It should be fine though, its not too tight...

Looking good so far though.

I finally chopped up that JJ airbox and got it all installed, ill update my thread with pics etc... Turned out pretty good...

Oh sh*t! Oops... Damn phone!! >_< It should be fine though, its not too tight...

Looking good so far though.

I finally chopped up that JJ airbox and got it all installed, ill update my thread with pics etc... Turned out pretty good...

Ah sweet, I'm keen to see how that went. Toying with the idea of getting one, although not sure if I can justify it when I could simply make another one myself.

I purchased a brand new alloy JJ airbox for $100 of SAU which was a score and then all i needed was a few little bits and pieces so all up maybe $110 and its already satin black so for me it was a bargain... You will most likely want a shiny one though :nyaanyaa: