SAU Community

Looking For A Boot Carpet

Jeffr33

I've been through quite a bit of wreckers and spares they're either too far from where i live or just too expensive ($60+). so i'm wondering if anyone knows another person wrecking or just selling the boot carpet for a R33 and can let me know for $40 max and still in pretty good condition =] thanks

*sigh yeah i'm pretty much down for anything with acceptable conditions... every wreckers on the forums with available boot carpet/trim sell like hot cakes or just go for way too much

I just got a quote from Kevin Morris who does Motor trimming & Upholstery.

1) Cut a (butcher) paper template of the exact shape of your boot carpet. Best to copy a mate's boot carpet from the same model car.

2) Buy an offcut of your selected carpet from a secondhand carpet store that is oversize - obviously.

Kevin will cut it exactly to size and sew the edging for $40. Phone 4751.1001

Testimony - he's repaired the driver's bolster on my former R33 GT-R.

Thoughts?

owen you have no idea how much the nissan dealership were gonna charge me for a boot carpet (JUST THE CARPET) shipped from japan.... $400..... or there abouts... lol

yeah thanks for the suggestion terry where about is kevin located in sydney?

He owns Springwood Upholstery Jeff.

I guess I should have asked Kevin if he can do your job WYW. Sorry.

Anyway give him a call. He's been doing it a long time. The last time I saw him, he was working on Lamborghini seats.

owen you have no idea how much the nissan dealership were gonna charge me for a boot carpet (JUST THE CARPET) shipped from japan.... $400..... or there abouts... lol

yeah thanks for the suggestion terry where about is kevin located in sydney?

i'm sure you don't wanna know how expensive some things can get :) r33 gts-t driver window? $1800.

Just go to bunnings and buy car upholstery and make one its not that hard and if you super keen make a wooden floor to go with it looks better then original i did mine ill put a pic up. i changed mine all black to match the interiorrolleyes.gif

good lookin out mic thanks for the suggestion my mate told me to do the same thing but i was jus hoping i'd be lucky and find a cheaper stock boot carpetl on forums =S

Made my own and also a new wall when I put in my stereo.

Carpet & wood baught from from bunnings, a jigsaw.. total cost about 30$

You'd never know it wasn't stock.

Edited by ianjb