SAU Community

Gtx3582R (.82 Rear Housing)

fi5h

Hi All,

Has anyone had any experience with this turbo on their RB26DETT? I am wanting to know roughly when will full boost kick in by and peak HP with the following Mods:

Tomei Pon Cams

3" HKS Exhaust

98Octane Fuel

I have searched other websites but can only find info for Supra (4500rpm with 1.06 rear housing), Subarus and other makes, if anyone can help I will greate appreciate it. I have a rough indication from these other sources but if anyone has first hand experience it would be better!

I'm currently running GT2860-5 with (347 kw, 816.9 ft lp @ 20 psi at4w) I want abit more response and power am I making the right move?

Thanks for the info. I got Mine's Cam Gears which I forgot to add. Full Boost @ 4900rpm. 20PSI is what my tuner says its safe I don't want to push anymore then that on 98octane. Will I require upgrade fuel setup if I run 20psi on the GTX? currently running an intank SARD fuel pump.

Edited by fi5h

i have a 3540/3582r (gt tho not gtx) and on my 25 im making 20 psi at around 4300, factory cams and cam gears, with the gtr+cams+cam gears+gtx i would put yours at arounf 3500 maybe less.

If you going to run the same power then the fuel system you have will be fine, i dont think you will get much more out of it with a .8 rear on 98 pulp, if you went E85 you will need a bigger fuel fuel system but would probably get close to 400 if the .8 rear will flow enough.

GTX35R with 0.82 rear housing on my RB2530 hits full boost (24psi) at around 4400rpm

some of the results for the GTX shows its not as responsive as first thought but the real gains over the GT35R are above 25psi

i have a 3540/3582r (gt tho not gtx) and on my 25 im making 20 psi at around 4300, factory cams and cam gears, with the gtr+cams+cam gears+gtx i would put yours at arounf 3500 maybe less.

3500?? No chance.

Just because its a 26 doesnt mean it makes it more responsive. 4100rpm is lowest I have seen for 20psi.

3500?? No chance.

Just because its a 26 doesnt mean it makes it more responsive. 4100rpm is lowest I have seen for 20psi.

And what about the cams and cam gears? there only good for 300 rpm lower on a 26 compared to a stock 25?

What size injectors are you running?

And what's the full specs of your exhaust ie dump pipes, front pipes, cat?

Sard 700cc Injectors + Sard Fuel Rail

HKS Front and Dump pipes - CAT (no idea but it flows well)

Thanks for your response guys. At the moment I'm tossing between the GTX3582R or E85 my current setup - both I think will improve response but I think with e85 I'll need to upgrade fuel setup? Tuner says I'll hit nearly 400kw @ 26psi with eflex tune. What do you guys think?

Thanks for your response guys. At the moment I'm tossing between the GTX3582R or E85 my current setup - both I think will improve response but I think with e85 I'll need to upgrade fuel setup? Tuner says I'll hit nearly 400kw @ 26psi with eflex tune. What do you guys think?

I think your going to need at least a full 3.5inch exhuast system and bigger injectors if u want E85.... alot bigger

Your gonna need a bigger fuel system in reguards to fuel pumps and probably a surge tank

you should crack 400 with E85 with -5s if u sort out ur feul and exhaust system...

Thanks Joe, Yes Injectors is a must just not so keen on 2 x fuel pumps and surge tank in the boot. mmm leaning towards the GTX option as its less work that needs to be done. If I can hit full boost by low 4k rpm I'll be pretty happy. .82 rear housing should do Nicely I think. 350-360kw is plenty for me right now lol. Keep the comments coming guys, you guys are helping alot.

My Twin setup might be up for grabs soon ^^

I would think changing to a single turbo set up would be a lot more work than just getting a bigger fuel pump.

What ever you do if you want more power you will need a 3.5 to 4in exhaust ( I don't think you ve said what size it is now).

Why can't you turn up the boost?

I have a GT3540 on my RB30 and so far it is only tuned to 15psi but even with a .63 ar it only hits 14psi at 3,500 and holds full boost from 4000.

I would expect you would get best response and power with a single grunty in tank pump and your twins..., make sure you have a big enough exhaust and turn up the boost until it makes no more power.

For still more power go E85 - your injectors should be fine and a big single pump might get you to over 400kw or else 2 in tank wouln't be too hard.

I get the impression that you are dying to ditch the twins for a single turbo. If that's what you will make you happy do it regardless!

I would think changing to a single turbo set up would be a lot more work than just getting a bigger fuel pump.

What ever you do if you want more power you will need a 3.5 to 4in exhaust ( I don't think you ve said what size it is now).

Why can't you turn up the boost?

I have a GT3540 on my RB30 and so far it is only tuned to 15psi but even with a .63 ar it only hits 14psi at 3,500 and holds full boost from 4000.

I would expect you would get best response and power with a single grunty in tank pump and your twins..., make sure you have a big enough exhaust and turn up the boost until it makes no more power.

For still more power go E85 - your injectors should be fine and a big single pump might get you to over 400kw or else 2 in tank wouln't be too hard.

I get the impression that you are dying to ditch the twins for a single turbo. If that's what you will make you happy do it regardless!

700cc injectors on -5's running E85?!!!! from results ive seen i really dont think 700s are goin to even get close to cutting it

Id be getting some ID injectors... actually thats exactly what ill be doing because my 800s wont cut it and ill be chasing the 450rwkw mark

700cc injectors on -5's running E85?!!!! from results ive seen i really dont think 700s are goin to even get close to cutting it

Id be getting some ID injectors... actually thats exactly what ill be doing because my 800s wont cut it and ill be chasing the 450rwkw mark

You may be right on that. There seems to be a wide variation on how much power people can get from a given size of injectors on E85 (or to put it another way different duty cycles for the same power output although not many people post up their duty cycle)..

To the OP: had a look through the upgrade results at the top and people with your turbos and 700 injectors but with a bigger intank pump (Nismo or Denso) and 3.5 exhaust system have made 381kw @ 24 psi and another 413kw at 25psi both on pump98.

That exhaust is killing you.. 3inch is too small for what ur chasing

ideally if i was you id be getting 3inch dumps, 3 inch front pipes with a 4 inch "high flow cat" and have the rest as 4 inch

keep the 5s i reckon as well.. therese plenty more power in them

Nismo intake will be fine for pulp, though if u want to run E85 id have that in tank pump feeding a surge tank that would have a couple of 040's feeding ur rail :thumbsup:

I'm more after response then outright power, I'm happy with the power atm just want it to come on sooner (of course making power will be a bonus :D) . Hrmm so you think getting a bigger exhaust system will help in response? I would of thought it would of been the opposite? Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Here are my mods:

R33 Block

-N1 Crank

-Forge Pistons

-Forge Rods

-Race Bearings

-Head & MainStuds

-N1 water and oil pumps

Garrett 2860-5

HKS dump pipes and front pipes

Hi flow cat

HKS Hi Power Silent Exhaust (According to their website its is 95mm 3.7")

Tomei camshafts

Mine's adjustable cam gears

Sard intank Fuel pump

SARD Fuel Rail + Fuel Pressure Regulator

SARD 700cc Fuel Injectors

Haltech Platinum PRO

110mm thick intercooler

HKS intercooler hard pipe kit